Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:46:48 AM EDT

my brother gave me a hi-power. Fabrica militar de armas portatiles "D.M" rosario, licencia F.N Browning, industrua Argentia.

very clean, shoots like a champ, sights are small but are right on the money. I dont like the little mushy saftey lever though. Can someone recomend a good replacment?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:52:14 AM EDT
I replaced the trigger, hammer, sear, and safety in my Hi-Power with Cylinder and Slide parts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:31:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:
I replaced the trigger, hammer, sear, and safety in my Hi-Power with Cylinder and Slide parts.

+1

Each needs a bit of fitting unless you get the prefit hammer/sear set. However, as a forewarning, disassembly of the HP is really easy....aseembly is another matter. I finally found a great trick but it's hard as hell to explain.

As far as that mushy safety...this requires a few assorted springs of the same ( or nearly so ) length and of varying wire sizes. It also requires a few spare plungers and some judicious file and needle nose plier tricks. Not easy but it can be done.

Study the HP for some time before you start grinding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:37:27 PM EDT
shit, the thing bites the crap outa the web of my hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:38:34 PM EDT
A Hi-Power will be my next handgun purchase. They are sexy as hell. Perhaps the most aesthetically pleasing of all handguns.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:55:09 PM EDT
Beleg: Strong recommendation, shoot one before you plunk down your hard-earned greenbacks. Some people hold their grip too high up, will get hammer bite. My friend did that, and the hammer bite actually drew blood.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:18:52 PM EDT
bob the hammer, bite is solved
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:34:15 PM EDT
yeah I was kooking at it today thinking that, I've got my grinder ready.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:09:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By paul_the_welder:

well just go fancy on us why don't ya!, I used my dremel( I have my Dr Dremel degree) and cut about 4 lines off of the spur hammer, then I rounded the remaining edges and reblued it, I think it works great with no snagging or biting
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:30:03 AM EDT

I was gonna do the same except, mines parkerized. Im trying to think what I can do to refinish it after I cut.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:41:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jimmyjoebob:

well just go fancy on us why don't ya!, I used my dremel( I have my Dr Dremel degree) and cut about 4 lines off of the spur hammer, then I rounded the remaining edges and reblued it, I think it works great with no snagging or biting

Exactly what I do on my HPs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:42:16 AM EDT

I was gonna do the same except, mines parkerized. Im trying to think what I can do to refinish it after I cut.

got any shops that do parking near you???? won't take em long to blast a hammer and dip it in the tank...

the hard part is putting that bitch back together
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 10:59:07 AM EDT by paul_the_welder]
ok got my dremel out cut it, shaped it , smoothed the sharp edges looks good kinda like a 1911 hammer. Man does it ever feel better. I couldent get it to bite my hand to matter how I held it. I just got alittle re-blue from wally-world touched up that spot you can't even tell. Also a plus! the wally-world white box winchester ammo is $ 11 for 100! compared to 20 for 100 for my .45 . so thats a bonus. Overall I'm very happy with the hammer modification!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:23:24 AM EDT

ok got my dremel out cut it, shaped it , smoothed the sharp edges looks good kinda like a 1911 hammer. Man does it ever feel better. I couldent get it to bite my hand to matter how I held it. I just got alittle re-blue from wally-world touched up that spot you can't even tell. Also a plus! the wally-world white box winchester ammo is $ 11 for 100! compared to 20 for 100 for my .45 . so thats a bonus. Overall I'm very happy with the hammer modification!

One other thing, Paul, when you get the time and experience of taking it completely down and putting it back together, another thing you'll want to do is actually shave a millimeter or so off of the back of the hammer body itself...shaving that back and rounding off the edges also REALLY helps drop the hammer bite factor.

One day, my HP will be back from Novak and I'll get 'er put together and I'll post some pics for you of the hammer mods....

Till then, be safe and have fun!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:47:20 AM EDT

thanks desertmoon, yeah I see what your saying. If I ever get that hammer out of there I'll do that for sure.
Top Top