Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 10:38:33 PM EDT
What's 10mm and not fat like the G20/29?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say the Kimber or Dan Wesson 10mm 1911s or if you could find a used Smith.

Edit: I have a steel framed witness I like very much and the grip is very comfortable but is a double stack. I put a 22lb recoil spring in it and it shoots the 200gr Double Tap ammo and CCI Blazers no problem. If you shoot hot loads in a witness you need to get the heavy recoil spring or the sprinco reducer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have medium sized hands and shoot UMC (weak load) and full load CorBon and Double Tap with my G29. I use the Grip Extensions on the G29 and find it quite comfortable to shoot.. IMO the Grip Extensions help a lot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to sound like a dick, but why buy a subcompact and then get a grip extension?

Why not just get the full-sized model?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The grip extension on the 29 doesn't add any length to the back of the grip.  Just adds an extra 1/4" in the front by addition of a small finger groove and makes no difference in concealment or carry comfort.

The slide/barrel is also shorter.

Any double stack 10mm is going to be fat gripped.  1911 10mm might work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
My Delta Elite feels great in my hand, like any 1911. Sucker is heavy though :)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#6]
What is your budget like?? There is a pistol out there that points like no other pistol... Period...

Also depends on your purpose too... Blaster, occasional shooter, collector ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top