Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2002 10:58:01 AM EDT
Is there and difference between the 7/8 round magazines,besides the obvious one round? The ones I've looked at seem to be the same dimensions. Just curious.Lonestar
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The overall dimensions will be the same but depending on the brand of magazine the follower design may be different. Wilson Combat, for instance, uses a 7 round follower that has a long front leg and a sort of round or convex shape where it contacts the bullet. However, Wilson’s 8 round follower has a shortened front leg and is concaved where the follower contacts the bullet. I like the 7-rounders better and use them exclusively in my carry guns.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The only 100% reliable 8rds are the top of the line Chip McCormick or Les Baer. They feature +
strength springs and redesigned followers.
McGar work but the springs fatigue too easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top