Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:04 PM EDT
My Dan Wesson stainless 44 magnum got dropped onto a hard gravel driveway this last weekend. It wound up with several scratches and gouges on the barrel shroud and cylinder.

I'm thinking a bead blasted finish would take all the scratches out and give it a nice new look. Who does this kind of work?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:01:51 PM EDT
I just sent my 627 to C&S today for a bead blast (and night sights), so I'll let you know in a month or two.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:08:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
I just sent my 627 to C&S today for a bead blast (and night sights), so I'll let you know in a month or two.

"C&S" ? do they have a website?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:10:10 PM EDT
Cylinder and Slide.

Some of the best in the industry. (Or so I hear, and hope!). 7 month wait, though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:17:56 PM EDT
Ha ... they use Birdsong, he is right here in town, I went to school with Wally Jr. (Walter Birdsong)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:22:34 PM EDT
Are you considering getting a Black-T some or other finish? I'd warn against that on a revolver. It will wear at all the contact points (rear of cylinder, parts of trigger, hammer, etc), and it gunks the internals.

Trust me on that one; that is the reason my 627 is getting bead blasted.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 1:25:46 PM EDT by skid2964]
No, I just noticed they use Birdsong ....

I want to get the thing bead blasted to take out the scratches... but I don't see that service listed on thier website, what are they charging you for this service?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:23:44 PM EDT
I don't recall precisely, but something like $60 or $70 for the bead blasting? I paid half for all the work I was going to have done, but that was 7 months ago. I forget.

For bead blasting alone, I'd probably try to find a local smith who can do it. If there are other things you want done, well, get ready for a long wait and call C&S.

(Just to clarify, the actual work on the revolver will take something like a month; but you don't send it in until they are ready, and that took 7 months from the time I placed my work order.)
Top Top