Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
I'm trying to get several extra mags for a 4506 that I just picked up... I have a choice between Yellow or Black followers.  

What's the difference?

Thanks,

~rc
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't tell ya.

I've always bought the yellow follower mags for my S&W pistols.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm trying to get several extra mags for a 4506 that I just picked up... I have a choice between Yellow or Black followers.  

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/Bandwidthhog/Public/886_5727016.jpg

i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3/Bandwidthhog/Public/884_4160105copy.jpg

What's the difference?

Thanks,

~rc

The yellow followers have yellow dye in the polymer and the black followers have black dye in the followers.    Seriously, I don't think there is a difference.  I was going to say for identification when you want to load a mag with certain ammo, but once you start loading, the follower disappears and you couldn't identify the "special" mag from a pile of other loaded mags.  I guess it's just personal preference.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You want the black followers. The reason being that they are the revised (re: newer) version of the mags. If you look at the top of the mag body you will see the mag with the black follower has an indent at the top feed lips. This was intended to stop the feed lips from spreading, a common problem with these mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top