Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:52:41 PM EDT
I know what your going to say, they are a POS blah blah blah. But this is for a purely fun gun what do yall think is the better deal? What should I be paying for one of them?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:05:44 PM EDT
Yeah, they are both nasty POS guns that don't do anything any other high-cap 9mm pistol doesn't do better. Of the two, the Mac is maybe the more reliable. What is fun about crappy sights, crappy trigger, poor balance, and poor accuracy in a gun two times the size of a Beretta or Sig? Been listening to "Boyz in tha Hood" too many times?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 4:18:31 PM EDT by Disco_Stu_TX]
I have all the normal pistols I want, (G19 and SW 5906), ow I want something diffrent and both of them are diffrent. Besides at the end of the day its a couple hundred bucks that I had had some fun with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 2:52:18 PM EDT by ED_P]

Originally Posted By eddiein1984:
What is fun about crappy sights, crappy trigger, poor balance, and poor accuracy in a gun two times the size of a Beretta or Sig? Been listening to "Boyz in tha Hood" too many times?

Good Lord! As long as you're not taking slow aimed shots at 25 yards, nothing beats a Mac going BRRRRRRRRRRR! for 1.5 seconds while spewing hot soot all over your right hand.

If you're talking semi auto on the other hand, I agree with eddiein1984. If you don't own a SIG in 9mm, pick one up. They're a fun shooter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:15:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 4:08:56 PM EDT by Disco_Stu_TX]
There has to be a price where yall would buy one, for example I dont think any of us would pass up a working M11 or tec 9 for less than 100 bucks. What I am basicaly asking is how low does it have to go to make it a good deal? Besides some times you just need to blast!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:45:28 PM EDT
I bought this from a friend. It's an AB10, a post-ban tec9. The sights do suck, it is heavy, but it is a neat gun. I paid $200 and got the original box, manual, warranty card, advertisement, and extra magazines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:38:55 AM EDT
I own both of these little bundles of joy. I paid roughly 300 a piece. Some +'s for the tec is the fact the grip fits you hand better and the magazine well in front give you something to hold on to. Also the tec is able to use 50 rd mags if you can find them. As for the downside the sights are very simple and non adjustable but really your not going to sharpshoot with either of these guns. People call them jam o matics but i never had a issue with mine.

Mac 11 clones are good too. I'd get one that can use sten mags seeing that they go for around 5-10 dollars also you can get diffrent uppers and stocks if you want to turn it into a carbine. But the biggest issue with my mac is the grip you never big hands to hold it comfortably.

i say for a mac 300 would be a deal
and a tec 9 300 but if its a preban config. 250 for post.

hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:48:09 PM EDT
Don't bother with those things get yourself one of these...if you can find one

I love this thing, and the mags are available from DSA too...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:14:05 PM EDT
i think a tmp is a little out of my range.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:31:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Disco_Stu_TX:
i think a tmp is a little out of my range.

Steyr SPP, although if I had the time and extra cash I'd get a can and a VFG and file all the paperwork, but alas I'm lazy

I paid a little over 800 for this baby and for just a fun gun it was worth it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:47:49 AM EDT
Hey they have one of those at the toy store I shoot at..

some kids were gawking at it mumbling under thier breath "nice tec 9"

I mentioned it's probably an M11

but found it to be a steyr!

I forgot what the pricetag on it was but it was in good shape over all..

That said i'd prefer the Tec format over the Uzi/Steyr because it gives you a front hand grip to hang on to.

We'd all love the NFA versions but the price isn't always practical to take out a small loan to buy one

As a semi auto I'd have trouble justifying it without a stock of some kind.

I'd be better off with a keltec or Baretta Carbine for just blasting.. plus they're both pretty cool (especially the folding keltec with 33rd glock mags!)... If I really wanted Hi Cap semi Auto handgun blasting I'd buy some 20 round mags for my 228.

But if it's just an idealistic gotta have it cause I want it... GO FOR IT!

I've got this irrational desire for a S&W 686+ 4" that I just can't shake even though I don't have the funds for one...

my fault though I rented one at the range the other day and I got to talking to the guy behind the counter... apparently weekend after next all S&W's are 10$ above cost.

ewwwww my wallet hates me

and I'll have to put one on layaway. it's an irrational desire to have a big shiny s&w.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:14:37 PM EDT
Uhm I've got a M11/9- yeah, I bought it for the same reason you want one. It's horribly balanced and heavy (especially with the 32 rnd Sten mag hanging out of it), it's about as ergonomic as a brick, the sites are crude at best, the recoil on it is not pleasant (notice they all have little pieces of rubber over the trigger?), and it's completely impractical for, well, basically anything. But, it is fun to shoot for some reason and it gets attention at the range.

Mine is the Masterpiece Arms that uses the Sten mags and so far I have had no FTF, FTE, etc, with it; it has gone bang with everything (including some real junk ammo) that I've stuffed in the magazines. Speaking of, you will need a Sten mag loader to load the magazines past about ten rounds- the kind with the brass ring on top is the easiest and fastest. Buy a fake can of some sort to screw on the front (I bought the machined aluminum single stage style); the gun gets heavy quickly and two hands make it easier to shoot.

Would I buy another? Probably not, but it was one of those goofy purchases I made when I had extra cash in my pocket. Besides, everyone needs at least one "pimp gun" in their collection right?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
I have one of each. An AB10 like the one pictured above and a M11 clone that accepts sten mags. If I could get the Intratec to go through more than 20 rounds without a jam, I'd like it more. It's a little more comfortable. Neither are very accurate, but both are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:10:36 PM EDT
was told the samrthing to (entertainment value), POS, and all that B.S. paid $165.00 out of pocket and a trade for a few gun parts' best gun deal i ever made. this is a cobray with 3 32 rd mags'.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:14:40 PM EDT
Damn I want a TMP!!!
Top Top