Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2002 6:30:04 PM EDT
Im getting ride of my carry 9mm and looking for a replacement. Im concidering the KelTec P11,and or the Taurus PT111. Im leaning twards the KelTec. I have never shot one or even seen one! How reliable is it and would you carry it over the Taurus PT111. I own a few Taurus with no problems and want to no if I should go with the KelTec or stay with the Tried-and-True?
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the KelTec I've handled have EXTREMELY heavy trigger pulls.  While the selection of magazines that the KelTec can use is inviting, you should try and handle and if at all possible shoot both before making your mind up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a PT111 & the trigger is very heavy but it's been absolutely reliable with any kind of ammo I've fed it.  I figure for a back-up type of carry gun or car gun you can't beat it for size & price.
 I noticed at the last gun show that the newer PT111's seemed to have better triggers & the only thing I could tell was different was the keyed safety built into the slide.

Not as good as my G19 but I figure the bad guy will still run.

You might look at a Kahr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top