Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:51:38 AM EDT
Do you think the Nagant would be legal?

It would be a nice cheap entry gun and seven shot revolvers would give you an advantage.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:57:37 AM EDT
Probably not unless you could prove a significant number of them being imported into the US, and making it to the West prior to 1901.

Think Plain, Everyday, Common. While the SASS tends to be a bit Hollywood, the NCOWS attempts to combine safe shooting with slightly more hardcore uniform/dress/equipment standards.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:59:31 PM EDT
You wanna shoot a Nagant pistol in competitions?!?!?! I hope you have enough steroids for your trigger finger!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:16:34 PM EDT
Makes me think of drag racing a dump truck!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:06:58 PM EDT
Supposedly there are some SA only variants out there that would be legit for SASS. I'd suggest that you post over in SASS Wire forum for a better answer.

wganz

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:42:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 11:43:14 AM EDT by p-dog]
These guns are much clumsier to reload than the Colt-types so the 7 rd advantage will be lost if you have to do a reload anyway.

I'm not sure about SASS rules concerning caliber & power factor, the 7.62 Nagant doesn't even come close to minimum for IPSC.

What about ammo? You gonna reload it??

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:02:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By p-dog:
These guns are much clumsier to reload than the Colt-types so the 7 rd advantage will be lost if you have to do a reload anyway.

I'm not sure about SASS rules concerning caliber & power factor, the 7.62 Nagant doesn't even come close to minimum for IPSC.

OK bad idea, unless I am allowed to go like Jesse James & the Younger boys with four or five guns on my belt.

Maybe my 1896 Broomhandle would be legal? 10 shots, stock, & stripper clips.

On power factors, don't they keep them very low pressure so as not to damage the original guns.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:05:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:

OK bad idea, unless I am allowed to go like Jesse James & the Younger boys with four or five guns on my belt.

On power factors, don't they keep them very low pressure so as not to damage the original guns.

Not to be a dick, but you seem to be missing the point of CAS. Its about being proficient with the plain, everyday, common weapons of the American West.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:58:27 PM EDT

Uh... My suggestion is that you might want to read up on the SASS rules prior to laying down some ¢a$h on $tuff that you're not going to be able to u$e.

wganz

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:

Not to be a dick, but you seem to be missing the point of CAS. Its about being proficient with the plain, everyday, common weapons of the American West.

And I think CAS is also about bringing those old guns & designs to life once again.

Might be a better idea to find a unit of WWI Russian reeanctors. Always wanted a 91/30.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:29:35 AM EDT
I dont know about WWI but there is a WWII unit out there in CO. Buddy of mine used to be in it and another unit based in VA.

Top Top