Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 7:33:28 PM EDT
HOW ABOUT A LITTLE PROFESSIONAL FEED BACK OR THOUGHTS ON THE H&K 45.I HAVE DONE SOME READING ON THIS HANDGUN AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD BE A GOOD ONE TO OWN.THE USP MODEL IS SAID TO BE ACCURATE WITH LESS RECOIL.HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS WEAPON AND IF SO HOW ABOUT A HONEST OPINION. ANOTHER QUESTION:HOW ABOUT THE SMITH AND WESSON 5906 9MM?DOES THIS HANDGUN QUALIFY AS BEING RELIABLE?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
HOW ABOUT A LITTLE LESS TYPING IN CAPS?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
my HK USPf .45acp has been 100% reliable--over 400rnds so far

its a fairly large size pistol, nice grip, and simple to disassemble

my only qualms w/ it are the lower rear tang=higher bore axis, the crappy, creepy DA pull, and $50 hi-cap mags

overall though, its a great gun and recoil is very managable

as to the SW 5906 series, i hear its pretty reliable (if its anything like my SW 469, it will have a worse DA trigger than the HK, but mine has been very reliable too)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No probs with mine. Over 700 rds. It's a little bulky if you got small paws.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Most reliable gun I've ever had.  Very accurate and smooth also, rack the slide and you'll think the thing is on roller bearings.

My only complaint is the stupid nonstandard rails and the ergonomics.  I put a rail adapter and a hogue on and now it's perfect  With an X2 laser, it's still concealable.  No worries of feeling undergun'd packing one of these, a light, and laser

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Most reliable gun I've ever had.  Very accurate and smooth also, rack the slide and you'll think the thing is on roller bearings.

My only complaint is the stupid nonstandard rails and the ergonomics.  I put a rail adapter and a hogue on and now it's perfect  With an X2 laser, it's still concealable.  No worries of feeling undergun'd packing one of these, a light, and laser

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/Total_Recoil/USP45.jpg

I think I just got a woody.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
My HK USP is 100% reliable. That being said I shoot my 100 dollar CZ 52 better. As a matter of fact I shoot every other pistol I own except for a Taurus 38 snubby and a Jennings 22(yes I have one)better than the HK. I think my hand doesn't like it. By the way if you press the caps lock button again that annoying problem will go away.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my USPf .45 but I don't shoot it well.  My wife is great with it and she has kinda inherited it from me.  I always thought it was the gun until she put 5 230g Rem UMC into one hole at 20ft.  It was the best group of the day and I have also watched her put over 300rds into a dueling tree with out a miss.  She won't part with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top