Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 10:44:42 AM EDT
This happened on another board under another name and in no way is meant to brag.

So I was looking for a Glock awhile back.  Someone advertised a 19 for a good price so I jumped on it.  He also had some other stuff that I decided to pass on.  The day before I was supposed to buy, he offers two extra things (forgive my vagueness, but I hope you'll understand) at half of what he was offering.  Hell, I couldn't pass on them for that.  Then when I was there, he throws in some holsters, earmuffs, range bag and some other things.  I was just happy to get the 19 for a good price which I didn't dicker on BTW.  Also BTW, he full knew what everything was worth.  I think he just didn't want to mess w/ selling individually.  He was leaving the country and wanted to get rid of all his shooting stuff.  Yea, I know that part sounds fishy, but it's hard to balk at such a good deal especially when it's pushed in your face.

The holsters were some top quality stuff.  The extra gun just fetched more than I thought possible on Auction Arms and the third thing just sold as well.

So where am I moneywise, assuming all my sales go through I will have the 19 and the peltor muffs for free.  I still can't believe my good fortune.  

Again, this guy knew what things were worth, he just didn't seem to care.  Or more accurately, he cared more about my money.  

The crazy thing is almost feel guilty even though all I did was the legwork he wasn't willing to do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well if that don't beat all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top