Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:53 AM EDT
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Mods, please move if it should be.

I placed an order w/ Lancer Ammunition last week and they immediately charged my CC. I sent them an email asking when they shipped. It was my understanding that they can't charge you until they ship. They sent a curt response saying that it won't ship until the end of the week. It's a small order. It's just the point of the matter.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:28:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 10:29:00 AM EDT by VBC]
I've bought online at places before that said it charged it as soon as a I hit the buy button.

Then some that had a policy that they didn't charge until it shipped (this is usually because it's an item that may take a while before it's shipped.)

But from what I know, it's no law they have to wait until it's shipped to charge your CC.
Once you clicked purchase you purchased it.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:31:12 AM EDT
Maybe I'm overreacting. I'm just impatient. I have a new 357 sig barrel for my G27 and I want to go dirty it up. Might have to pick up some white box from wally world in the meantime.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:50:45 AM EDT
most everywhere i have bought from online charges my card as soon as i hit the button. the only exception was when i ordered something from best buy that was on back order.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:06 AM EDT
It depends on how the web site's shopping cart software is set up. Our shopping cart does not charge your card when you hit the button. We print off the orders Mon-Fri mornings and review them before a card is charged. If an item is backordered, your card is not charged.

Lois
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:03:45 PM EDT
they can do as they please from my point of view, you sent them the info so they can charge so why wouldnt they?

most to all dealers here do not charge until the day of shipping some after being shipped.
Top Top