Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:15:53 AM EDT
I have an incoming pistol that is on the rare side... If I would ever need a part ie. extractor, slide stop etc. Is there a company out there that does this kind of work aside from a local machinist or would that be pretty much my only option..

There are virtually zero parts available for this gun aside from magazine springs..
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:18:14 AM EDT
well if you don't tell us what it is then we can't keep an eye open.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:20:59 AM EDT
Bren Ten SM 2nd generation...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:55:35 AM EDT
Buy two & use the second for spare parts? Aside from that, a local machinist is your best bet, IMO.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:08:39 AM EDT
Probably, the most reliable would be a top custom gunsmith.
Most of these people are also crack machinists and could probably either make new parts from bar stock or even modify a part from another, similar gun to fit.

My suggestion is to check out the American Handgunner Magazine list of the Top 100 custom pistolsmiths.

Contact some and ASK.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:29:00 PM EDT
Better stock up on suits too....

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:05:33 PM EDT
On order... 365 GTB is in the shop though...
Top Top