Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 6:31:58 AM EDT
Is anybody running different colors on your front and rear night sights?  I'm debating between green front/yellow rear or green front/orange rear Mepros.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have in the past..I found that the green front/rear yellow worked well for me...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have in the past..I found that the green front/rear yellow worked well for me...

That's what combination I was leaning toward.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
It may just be me, but my eyes/ focus, tend to home in on green...

I like the Mepros...I have used them more than Trijicons...I get the them at a discount from Brownell's...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never really seen the advantage of having two different colors for front and rear sights. I tried this a few times, and to get the front sight outside of the rear enough for what appeared to be a "proper" sight picture, my hand was in a really unnatural position, especially when done to the right (for a right-handed shooter). Also, the gun appears to be really wide when you do this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Green on green is probably just fine.  I went for green front - yellow rear as well, and I'm happy with it.  The green appears slightly brighter than the yellow so my attention is drawn to it faster.

Orange sights last half as long as the green and yellow.  Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
greens are the brightest
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I also think green are the brightest and should go on the front sight with yellow on the rear.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#8]
The human eye is naturally attracted to green.
Red all most as much, followed by yellow, colors familiar?

Green front and yellow or orange(half way between red/yellow) rear seems to be best for most people.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Green is the brightest and lasts the longest. If you get Meps, the front sight is brighter, so mixing them up in the dark is not a problem.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]

I have green front with yellow rear Mepros on a Glock 17.  I like the combo, maybe a little better than green/green, but it's not a world of difference.  I'll probably get the green/yellow combo again, if it's available for whatever sights I'm looking at.

Never tried the green/orange.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm running a front night sights on my Glock 17 and 31 w/plain black rear sights.  These are Warren Tactical, Warren and Sevigny cut rear sights.  I see more and more requests for this.  Since most self defensive shooting for non LEOs will be up close and personal (most likely less than 10ft) a night sight rear isn't needed.  YMMV.  The center Glock is my Glock 34 which I use for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production competition.

These sights are available from I-Shot
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
My Kimber Pro Carry has green front and red rears.......I like them OK but I will agree with the above poster that green is the brightest.  The red/green combo doesnt jump out at you like the all green does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top