Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:42:09 AM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a Ruger Redhawk OR a Super Redhawk used for $475. Both are 7 1/2" barrels, and both are stainless with 2x Simmons scopes on them. Both are 99% on their finish.

I think the price is pretty good on them, and my purpose will be deer hunting. Right now, I am leaning toward the Redhawk due to it being lighter for field carry.

Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:31:04 AM EDT
This post will be no help.

I also have a chance to pick up a Ruger 44 (SRH) for a good price. I've very tempted as it's a beautiful gun and I really WANT a 44 mag. Only I have no reason to get one. I don't hunt. And if I did, it would be w/ a rifle. Pistol hunting is for crazy people. No offense. But I still am really tempted by the Ruger.

Good luck w/ your choice. I've heard great things about both.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:04:36 PM EDT
I've got a redhawk and have fired a bunch of rounds from a super redhawk.

Personally I prefer the normal redhawk for no other reason than I think that the super redhawk looks rediculous! Both are great guns so you really can't go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:57:33 PM EDT
I have used both a great deal. Both Revolvers are exceptionally strong, either will easily run a 320 cast over 1400 fps in a 7.5" gun and both handle heavy recoil well. After years of use I have come to prefer the SRH by a wide margin.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:17:25 PM EDT
I've had the Redhawk and did carry it for deer because I never wanted to give up my grouse hunting and the seasons overlap...Although the 71/2 is a great choice, I went to the shorter 51/2 and actually enjoyed that more.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:05:51 AM EDT
buy the one you can hold out in front of you for more than a minute. i was thinking about a sbh a litthe while ago and went with a bh in smaller caliber partly due to the fact that the sbh was too heavy to hold out in front in order to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:22:16 PM EDT
I think I am going with the standard Redhawk. There is nothing I can do with the bigger one that the smaller one won't. And it's lighter...
Top Top