Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 3:44:17 PM EDT
I drop my cell inadvertantly, especially when I don't have it in the case (razor v3). I was just wondering if any of you have accidentally dropped your handgun and what damage was done to it. Just thinking of dropping mine makes my stomach tighten.  I think I would cry. seriously cry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure no respected handgun would have any real damage done to it, just some minor cosmetic damage, it could probably be fixed in a few minutes by anyone with some refinishing experience.

Seriously man toughen up already.

I know how you feel though, my MK23 has some minor scratching that you can't really see unless you hold it just so. I keep telling myself "it's just a tool", but somehow, that just doesn't cut it with my MK23 like it does with my other guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep a good grip on that gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know anyone who has dropped a gun (just ask them) besides me. I broke the rear sight on a Glock when it got away from me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My USP40c fell out of a friends truck just this weekend. Nothing bad happened to it, just a minor scratch on the frame, but man did my heart ever skip a beat when I heard the clatter of metal on pavement.

It still kinda pisses me off, not the fact that it's now got a scratch, but that I was foolish enough to let it fall. I think the thumbreak on my holster wasnt closed. Oh well, lesson learned, huh?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Before I learned that,  "Yes, Johnny you really do need a holster"  and you really do need to latch the retention strap on that cheap uncle mikes holster.  I  dropped my Glock G21 several times.  Once on concrete, once on asphalt, once it fell out of the holster out of the jeep and skidded down a gravel road at 45 mph,  none of this really did any obvious damage.  1 full year of weekly 3 gun comp and weekly practice sessions,  The holster wear was much much more apparent than the microscopic nicks.  

My buddy dropped his Uber Tough Indesrtuctible weapon of the Seals HK USP one time on asphalt and it not only ate the hell out of the finish it put pock marks on the slide with nasty little sharp burrs.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a quick reminder to let the gun fall to the ground if you drop it instead of trying to catch it.  It is better to have some marks on the gun than being shot while trying to grab it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I won a Raven .25 in a card game once from one of my best friends brothers. My buddy dropped it less then 10 seconds after I won it and broke the magazine release.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
you didnt lose much on the Raven
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Dropped my Sig(ma).
The rear sight slid off.
Slid it back on and move on with life. It shoots jus fine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#12]
i missed the holster once and THREW my beretta at the concrete... i caught it with the top of my foot to break the fall.... fucker almost broke my foot!  I am willing to bet that any self-respecting military gun (like my M9) would be able to take a drop without too much to be concerned about.  The only weak point i can think of would be the sights.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Had a loaded USP 45 tucked inside an extra shirt (was trying to be discrete), it fell out into a hard packed dirt road. Got a small nick from a rock it landed on, otherwise it was fine. My company was a little surprised.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top