Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 11:22:14 AM EDT
Ok, looking at two Milt Sparks products:

Summer Special II

and

Watch Six (horsehide)

Tell me about each one please (pros/cons/etc).

If the VersaMax2 is really worth the extra $40 then post that as well please.

thanks,
dan

edit:  please recommend a 'dressy' holster belt as well
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I voted VMII because it is the closest to what I ordered.  I ordered a custom from HBE Leatherworks, the COM3 which is close to the VMII.  $79 shipped, but it does take approx 14 weeks. (Mine was a little higher because I went with sharkskin trim)

ETA: I also have a Don Hum double thick black belt that was around $40.00.  It was new on Ebay, I think they are higher normally.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a SS2. I like it a lot.

I'll admit, though, that I only bought it because Lightning Arms was out of stock on VMIIs at the time. I have a VMII on order from Sparks direct now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is for a GLOCK or 1911, get a Threat Solutions UCR.Ppersonally I like Kydex, because its not as thick, provides a faster draw with no drag, doesn't soak up sweat like leather. If you really want to stick with leather, get the VM-II or Watch Six. The holsters with the loops on the body are not nearly as stable or comfortable as the ones with the attachments on either side of the holster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]

How easy is it to sit with the VMII / Watch6?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Don't confuse these two holsters as being the same except thickness. The W6 rides much lower on the belt than the VM2. The VM2 is a much more comfortable holster (for me) and wears easily in the sitting position.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't confuse these two holsters as being the same except thickness. The W6 rides much lower on the belt than the VM2. The VM2 is a much more comfortable holster (for me) and wears easily in the sitting position.

aahhh ... DOH!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
No problems sitting with a fullsize 1911 and a VMII.  I don't like admitting this, but it keep the gun from digging in so well that I actually put on the holster one day and left the house without my damn gun. It was 2 hours before I figured it out.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No problems sitting with a fullsize 1911 and a VMII.  I don't like admitting this, but it keep the gun from digging in so well that I actually put on the holster one day and left the house without my damn gun. It was 2 hours before I figured it out.  

still not willing to sell it?

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have and like the W6.

Along with all the other comments, the 2 widely spaced belt loops help pull the grip into your body, thereby enhancing conealment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]
VersaMax II
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
The Versa Max 2 is awesome.  Have had mine for about six months and it is the best holster I have ever had.  If you sometime wear slacks spring for the extra Kydex tuckable clips.  You can swap them out as needed.  Comforable as all get out!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the W6 and it is by far my favorite holster.  The big reason people do not like the W6 is because it doesn't have a reinforced mouth which is why I do like it.  I'm on the skinny side so I wanted a holster that was pretty thin.  I have worn the W6 for about a year and a half and the mouth has never closed on me.  I have no problems reholstering.  It's a good holster but so are all of Milt's.  If you want a reinforced mouth than go with the VM2, if not get the W6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top