Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:11:20 AM EDT
Thinking about getting one. I currenlty have a ruger P89 and it is ok. I held one of these and was really impressed. Owners of this model pease chim in. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:35:42 AM EDT
I love mine. Pt92AR-SS. Only had it for about 2 years but it shoots pretty nice. Nice balance to the gun and the grip is just right. About 3,200 rounds through her and she shows little wear if any, Very light contact mark on top of barrel under FSB(only seen when slide is back), and the slide shows very little wear. I keep moly lube(dry film) on the slide rails and she cycles smooooooth. I have not had any failure to feed, fire, eject, ...nothin. My only peeve is the fixed sights, but oh well. Sent barrell off to thread for trident about a month ago, kinda miss shooting her now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:37:24 AM EDT
OH Ya, and my p-22 laser fits on the frame rail
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:35:41 AM EDT
Thanks, good first post.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:12:48 AM EDT
I have had a plain old PT92 for about 12 years and it has been a excellent, 100% reliable weapon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:41:32 AM EDT
I had one...nice reliable pistol, well made.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:52:39 PM EDT
I have a PT99 that has been outstanding. 2K+ and it's still running great. Good gun for the money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:26:30 PM EDT
I have one. It has been 100% for almost 10 years. I dont use it much now I carry a Glock 23 or HK usp comp for ccw and have a glock 35. I keep thinking about selling it to get a HK usp tac, but I think I would hate my self if I ever sold it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:21:38 PM EDT
I used to own a PT-92 (still kicking myself for getting rid of it)
I had it for 10 years, shot it a moderate amount, maybe a couple of thousand rounds all together, and I loved it. When I first got it, I couldn't hit squat with it. I kept practicing, and after a few hundred rounds breakin and some pachmyer grips that helped the fit of the gun to my hand (The old Taurus wood grips were just too fat) I got to where I could hit pretty much whatever I was shooting at.
Never had the first problem, jam, etc. in all the crap ammo I ran through it, hollowpoints, etc.
I got bit by the 1911 bug, and ended up "restructuring" my collection. The stainless PT92 was one of the ones to go

I was seriously thinking about getting another, but I think I might just keep saving up and getting a Glock 17 instead. I would say you can't go wrong with the Taurus though. Everyone that I have talked to personally that owned them said that you can't get a better gun for the money.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:57:59 PM EDT
I don't understand why people buy these pistols. Get the berreta instead of the cheap copy
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:34:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rmdugan84:
I don't understand why people buy these pistols. Get the berreta instead of the cheap copy hr

i have had both and i understand exactly why people buy these well made copies
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:50:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By silversilvia:

Originally Posted By rmdugan84:
I don't understand why people buy these pistols. Get the berreta instead of the cheap copy

i have had both and i understand exactly why people buy these well made copies

They made on berratas ORGINIAL FACTORY EQ.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:33:01 AM EDT
I have looked at both and liked the Taurus better, well I liked the safety alot better. So I save money and get a very comparable gun with a better safety. With the mony I save I will add a laser and buy mags and ammo.
Top Top