Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 7:56:40 PM EDT
Found one in a gun store for $119, good condition, didn't check for matching numbers.  Never seen one of these before, anyone know anything about them?  Exceptionally good deal?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
do you mean CZ52?  if so, they are tons of fun but dont trust the decocker
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Their is a CZ-50.  if it is Czeska Zbrojovka its golden go for it.  Mechanism is fairly complex I believe though.  I might be wrong but I think it is a bitch to clean.  CZ-52s are great too ammo can be inconvenient to find though.  Pics when posting help too.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, it is not a cz52, it is in fact a cz 50... thats why I was wondering about it.   Didn't know there was such a thing!  Can't take pictures inside this store, they don't like that.  Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a CZ50 and 52.  both are pretty decent C&R purchases.

the CZ50, IIRC is a "copy" of the PPK.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Found one in a gun store for $119, good condition, didn't check for matching numbers.  Never seen one of these before, anyone know anything about them?  Exceptionally good deal?

Interesting gun and very well made. Heavy military trigger in DA. Large for a .32ACP. Depending upon actual condition it is a reasonable deal. I paid $170 for what was essentially an NIB with two mags in 1992. After polishing the feed ramp, it's been 100% with anything through it.
I originally bought it for my wife because she is recoil sensitive, but she has what we sexists call the "female/slide aversion". We settled on a Smith 649.
All that being said, if Martians took all my other handguns to a parallel universe, I'd carry the CZ50 and a good load  with confidence.
You might want to check out www.CZFORUM.COM
FWIW
YMMV
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a CZ 50, but wish I did  ! !

I do have a CZ 70 (a slightly improved version of the CZ50) and have found it to be a very reliable and "shootable" little pistol.  Mags interchange between the 50 and the 70.  If you get SGN you'll find different places that still have replacement parts for them.  

Also have a couple of CZ 52's, but that's a different story . . . .

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I got it.  It looks like its in decent shape, bore is real nice, finish is real nice, but there are what appear to be mill gouges on the one side.  I would say it was corrosion, but the finish looks original to me, and I worked in a metal shop that had ww2 era mills and this is what the metal looked like when they were starting to get dull.  It does look suspiciously like refinished corrosion though, I can't really tell.  Like I said, the finish looks just like the cz-52 they had there, I see no other indication of a refinish job.  Anyways, here are some pics.  

Now on this last one I have a question.   The hammer does not appear to touch the firing pin.  In fact, when I pull the trigger and let it fly, it doesn't appear to ever make contact with it at all.  Of course, I haven't tried to fire it yet, but I won't get the chance for a few more days.  Anyway, here is where the hammer comes to rest, is this normal?

Anyways, I have to say this pistol looks and feels great.  The trigger is super smooth, i really like it, and it points perfectly.  Now if I can find cheap .32acp (cheapest Vances had was $17 a box
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
A local shop has this exact pistol, except its more blue. Its a few dollars more than yours, but still in great condition.

I think I might have to get it now
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
it's been refinished.

Also, the hammer floats. It only contacts the firing pin when the trigger is pulled. squeeze the trigger, and push forward on the hammer. it'll contact.

I've got the CZ50, 70, and 52. all decent pieces.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A local shop has this exact pistol, except its more blue. Its a few dollars more than yours, but still in great condition.

I think I might have to get it now

Any chance your is NWLA?  If so what shop?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I've owned four of the CZ50s that I picked up in Germany in the late 80s.  They are not a copy of the Walther PP series although similiar in appearance.  Yours has been refinished for all were made in a traditional blueing.  On the front grip strap there should be two letters and two digits for the year of manufacture.  If yours has a set of crossed swords that is the Czech Ministry of Defense acceptence proof mark.  They were issued to police, MOD administrations, customs, etc.  The CZ52 was the issued pistol to the military.  I've also used Walther 32 PP mags in mine (won't work the other way).  

There are two different floorplates for the magazines ones with the finger rest as shown and a flat one.  Disassemble is to remove mag, inspec chamber and push take down button on right side in and pull slide back and up off frame, barrel is fixed.  There is three positions on the safety, all the way down decocks the hammer to DA position, middle fire and up for safe.  Gun can be carried DA on/off safe or SA cocked and locked.  If I remember correctly the extractor also serves as a loaded chamber indicator (with round in chamber it will not be flush).  Notice that there is no extrenal slide release.  Magazines will lock the slide to the rear on the last round fired.  A trick to us here and also on the PP is how to lock the slide back with out a magazine.  Pull slide to rear and insert pinky into chamber and push up on the slide stop.  This is what the follower does and allows you to lock the slide to the rear.  As you can see I like the pistols.  Seen several CZ70s here in Iraq this trip but no magazines!

CD
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks good to me  ! !

Re-finished, but nothing wrong with that.  

Check the web-site at www.ammunitionstore.com for ammo.  Picked up 500 rounds of 32 ACP when I was ther last week -- to feed my Tomcat, PP, and my CZ 70.  

I've found that S&B produces the highest velocity, and the PRVI brand is pretty good too.  

Southern Ohio Gun has these gems listed in their latest catalog.  If I find one at the toy show this coming weekend it's coming home with me  ! !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top