Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 2:24:23 PM EDT
Anyon eknow how the factory Auto Ordnance ZG51 Pitbull 3 1/2" barreled compares to 1911a1 and commander frame as far as length. I have a ZG51 topend and a 1911a1 std frame and the recoil springs seam a little long and they bind. They are virtually impossible to install and the slide won't go back far enough to chamber or extract. All parts used were factory parts for the zg51. So if someone could add some insight by comparing a ZG51 frame to a "std." 1911a1 I'd appreciate the info so I can make up this compact .45!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
SOUND LIKE YOUR MISSING THE RECOIL SPRING, GUIDE ROD, AND PLUNGER, THATS WHY YOUR NOT FUNCTIONING CALL gun parts inc. to get the remainder of the parts

RON KONTOWSKY
DEANS GUNSOP 2
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I do have all the parts for a complete topend of a zg51 AO. I have inner and outer recoil spring, bushing, barrel, guide rod, spring plug. All parts are Auto Ordnance factory parts. Im wondering if there is some sort of frame difference?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any differences in length, cutouts, etc between the commander(officers) frame and the standard 1911a1 frame? Obviously the dustcover is shorter on a commander. If memory serves me right the officers bbl length is 4". My zg51 is 3.5".

STILL LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLESS ME WITH A SCANNED COPY OR .PDF FILE OR A URL TO A DOWNLOADABLE ONE OF A AO ZG51 PITBULL OWNER'S MANUAL!!  HELP!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top