Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:21:57 AM EDT
I saw one at Gander Mountain and it looked like a really nice peice. It had a stainless slide and a polymer frame, DA/SA with what looked liked an ambi safety/de-cacker. It seemed like it would be a decent 9mm with a price of under $500 at Gander so that means it could probably be had for around $400 at a show. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:56:58 AM EDT
It is not a gun you see a whole lot of - Browning makes the same gun as well a Pro 9 I believe.

It should be a good gun. The few postings I have read about have always been positive. If it feels good in your hand, then get it.

For me personally, if I get a polymer gun, I want a striker based gun. If I want one w/ a traditional hammer, then I get a metal gun. Just my thing.

Look at the SW99 and the Walther P99 w/ the AS trigger too. Great gun. They are switching to a different trigger style now (Walther will be only selling the P99 QA, and S&W only now makes the SW990L) - so they are being sold off very cheaply now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 5:33:19 AM EDT by rebel13]
I have the FNP-9. I beilieve the blue slide version is FN's and the Stainless slide is the Browning Pro-9 version.

Shoots great and the fit and finish is excellent. I have read quite a bit about FN Mfg in South Carolina and the have definately put together a winner. It has just not received much press.

If you do a search, one co was offering it with (3) 16 rd mags for around $399.

Good luck!

ETA Oh, the single action pull is beautiful at 3.5 lbs!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:37:45 AM EDT
only bad thing about them is they won't fire without a mag inserted
Top Top