Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2002 3:47:27 AM EDT
I have a stock Norinco 1911A1 & it's time to put better sights on it.  My eyesight in't what it used to be and I find I sight a lot better when I use other's guns with good sights.  I get a much sharper sight picture with those better sights.
So, not knowing a whole lot about handgun sights, I would like some advice on middle-ground expense sights.  I do mostly range shooting.  The  gun is, of course, a defensive gun but I do not carry this one.
I'll probably install them myself as I have the tools (mental & physical). I was thinking maybe a decent, adjustable night-sight.
A friend of mine has mepro-light, which i undertand is now Kimber. I did like his sights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
ROYCE,
     If want a bright front sight for the range check in to MILLET SIGHTS, as long as you can handle restaking of the front sight, roughly 17.00, they also offer a fully adj. rear that requires no altering of the slide, roughly $55.00, or mmc puts out a nice set of adj. fulls in the same price range.

RON KONTOWSKY
ACTIONS BY R.A.K.
DEANS GUNSHOP 2
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
It's more about a good crisp sight than anything else.  Mine are so bad compared to just about everyone else's which seem to be so good.
I either gotta buy more expensive guns or more expensive sights....the sights are cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Royce,

The Millets are great suggestion! Although, if you are looking for a "sharper" sight picture, stay away from colored front sights. Big, bright, high visibility sights are all the rage right now, but colored sights will not be as sharp as black front post on a black rear.

Other companies to consider
Novak
MMC
Hienie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top