Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 7:20:44 AM EDT
Does/has anyone used the 24/7 sights? How are they for speed and accuracy? Which sight is preffered the "big-dot" or the "standard"?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:27:53 AM EDT
I've got a set of the XS 24/7 Big Dots on a Kimber Pro Carry, and I love 'em. They're extremely fast, but not as accurate as a "normal" three-dot setup as the Big Dot front sight blocks a large percentage of the target. They're not target sights, they're "combat/defense" sights.

If you're looking for something for a range gun, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. However, if you're looking for sights for a carry gun, I don't think you'll find a better sight out there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:51:11 PM EDT
I just don't have any use for these sights at all. Sorry but, up close where you shouldn't need 'em is about the only place you can use 'em. The small dot and the express V leaves me guessing. I've tried them and just don't see any advantage over a more precise sight. MO
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:59:06 PM EDT
You can be very accurate with them. It just takes some getting used to them. I love them, and I have them on my HiPower carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:55:02 AM EDT
I had a set on one of my Glock 23s. They are quick and give you the ability to place your shot at room clearing distances unlike point shooting ( another topic that could be addressed elswhere ). BUT they seriously hinder the ability to do the same at greater than 15 yards or so... As a police officer I may be required to engage someone presenting a small target from accross a parking lot or three lane highway... Distance shooting for self defense is rare but I personally didn't want to trade one for the other... So I'm back to my Trijicons....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:08:38 PM EDT
I have the AO Big Dots on my Kimber Pro-Carry. I like them. I can now do well with them at short and longer distances (50 feet). Target acquisition is pretty fast with them. I am going to try out the "standard" dot on my RIA compact.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:20:02 PM EDT
I bought a Dan Wesson 1911 with them, and did not like them at all - I expected more from a 1911. Unfortunately, the rear cut in the slide was so huge that I couldn't put in other sights w/o having a huge gap. I ended up trading the gun back for a Glock 34.

I won't buy those sights again.
Top Top