Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:49:10 PM EDT
I'm looking at both for my first carry gun. I know both are large but I don't be carrying every day. I'm set on the USP T if I decide to go with .45, but if I decide 9mm I want a Beretta. I'm familiar with the M9 and don't mind he size, even though I don't think its very large at all. I have yet to even hold a USP T so I'm not making any decisions until then. One big question I have is...whats so bad about slide mounted controls? How much bigger is the USP T compared to the M9? How about weight? Thanks,

CMS
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:07:02 AM EDT
I have both, the Tactical is GIANT compared to the Mdl92. Unless you have some immense bulk to hide it with or you are planning open carry stick with the Beretta. I have a buddy who carried a full size USP as a duty weapon, he loved the thing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:00:56 PM EDT
I have carried both. The M9 conceals a lot better because it is smaller in most dimensions and more round edges, which also makes it a little more comfortable, I did sell it because I hated the slide mounted controls, mostly because it interfered with slide manipulation, and I would always end up pinching myself with the hammer, open slide, or something. I do not have too much of a problem conceal carrying my USPF .45 though I am 6' 2". As long as you have a decent holster that is positioned properly it is not that difficult. The tac may be a little harder due to the extra barrel length and taller sights. If the USP is comfortable in your hands, I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:50:51 PM EDT
I can get away with carrying my tacitcal 45 and my Mk. 23 SOCOM just fine. I agree with Z06Kicks, if it fits you good, go for the tactical - it is an exellent weapon.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:46:45 PM EDT
I have owned the Beretta 92F, and just bought a fullsize USP. While neither would replace my 1911, I can, without a doubt, say go with the USP.

I absolutely despise that Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:19:45 PM EDT
HK all the way!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 7:31:47 PM EDT by TheTracker]
I love the TAC ,one of the finest 45's out there

Top Top