Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:38:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 1:37:21 PM EDT by Accord]
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of different range bags and travel cases to choose from and i'm having a hard time seperating the good ones from the bad and also having a hard time deciding on the type of configuration that I want.

How do you guys haul all of your gear and guns to the range and if you wouldn't mind posting pictures of your guns, gear, and everything in their traveling case all ready to go, that'd be great. I'm trying to decide between going with a hard style case and cut out the foam for my mags, pistol(s), accessories, etc. or going with a traditional range bag, so if anyone could post pictures of both configurations i'd really appreciate it!

Post those pictures up!

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:32:09 PM EDT
FROM MY PHOTOGRAPHIC DAYS I LEARNED HARD CASES WERE THE WAY TO GO.2 xmass ago my wife bought me 2 alluminium gun cases .i still use them.can easily carry 2 pistols and or assorted goggles,ear plugs,ear muffs etc.i use my old green army ammo cans to carry my ammo and or mags filled with ammo!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:42:29 PM EDT
I use some relatively inexpensive plastic hard cases make by doskocil. This is one of a few I have for range use (all of them I have the foam cut out to form fit each handgun). -

For rifles, I use a couple of aluminum hard cases.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:44:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:
I use some relatively inexpensive plastic hard cases make by doskocil. This is one of a few I have for range use (all of them I have the foam cut out to form fit each handgun). -

img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/adairtd/DSC00571.jpg

Very nice! Where do you store your ear muffs, cleaning kit, and other things?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:48:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Accord:

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/adairtd/DSC00571.jpg

Very nice! Where do you store your ear muffs, cleaning kit, and other things?

I use earplugs, which are stored in the Tango Down vertical foregrips of my ARs (I always have one of them with me), and I clean everything when I get home.

I dont do any range shooting actually. I just shoot on BLM land. I would rather sell all my guns and stop shooting forever than go to a real range.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:22:15 PM EDT
i throw everything, uncased, in the back seat of my truck. the pistols go in the glove compartment. i put all the ammo in the bed of the truck in 30cal ammo cans, and i got a couple hundred pairs of earplugs in a bag under the seat always.

all the mags are in oldschool mag pouches from the respective countries of the weapon, and they all go in a cheap backpack i got from walmart when i was like 12 years old.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:51:34 PM EDT
They go in the trunk.

Did I miss the intent of your question?

Actually I just bring one or two rifles in a soft case, and an old gym bag with hard floor with everything else in it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:18:14 PM EDT
Pistols come in the black nylon range back these guys are lying on

My Oly Arms M4gery and Winchester Stealth II come in this guy
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:58:33 PM EDT
I use a gunmate range bag that works very well for me!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:16:09 PM EDT
Don't have a range bag yet, since I bitch about how much they cost. I just throw them in the truck wherever they will fit.
Top Top