Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 5:23:57 AM EDT
I have asked at GT and Rimfire Central...
What do you all think?

Would like to hear your opinions on both of these guns.
I might be buying another .22 for my wife soon.
She has a Ruger MKIII and a Walther P22. She also had a S&W 22A that she hated and sold. The Walther doesn't compare to the Ruger, so it doesn't get much range time anymore. It was her 1st, so we keep it around for nostalgia, if nothing else (I must admit, I like to fool around with the P22 occasionally, just for fun).

So, let me know what you all think about how these two weapons compare to each other, i.e. reliability, ease of maintenance, known issues, etc.
I'm NOT interested in "apples to oranges" statements, I know that they're not the same.  

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Buckmark would probably be a much better choice IMHO.

The Mosquito seems to have too many problems.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mosquito is made almost the same way as the P22. I would avoid.

I have the Buckmark, soon to be set up as a target pistol.

If she's more interested in a "combat" pistol, you might check out the CZ Kadet. Just like a CZ75 9mm, but shoots .22LR instead (also comes in a conversion kit).
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

Not even close, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Not even close, IMO.

+2.  Yep.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
After fondling a Mosquito at the local fun store, I do not regret my decision to go ahead and buy the Browning rather than wait on the Sig.

Woody
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved my Buckmark...I miss it more than any other gun that I have gotten rid of.  I will be getting another.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got the Buckmark as well, and it's a very good gun.  If I where going to get a "Service" pistol then I'd get the Sig in a bigger caliber.  In a .22 I'll stick with my Buckmark.  I'm sure the Sig will be a good pistol, but for a plinker I'd go with the Browning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm NOT interested in "apples to oranges" statements, I know that they're not the same.  

"apples to oranges"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Not even close, IMO.

+2.  Yep.

+3 Yep. Yep.  I got one of the early Mosquitos - - 1st double action pull was ~ 17 lbs.  Tons of failures to feed, fire, extract, and eject (less so with certain ammo).  Do a search on SigForum.com for more details.  P.S., I also have a Sig/Hamerlii Trailside .22 that I love - - works great.  May want to consider that option.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My first Buckmark (that I bought for my wife) was so good that I bought a second for me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Buckmark all the way. Great gun, much better build and execution than the Sig....and I love Sigs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top