Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:57:04 PM EDT
I just ordered a Sig 229 357 Sig from CDNN, a gun shop I frequent has their FFL on file, and it was a quick phone conversation and the guns on it's way.  I wanted it as a supplement to my LE gun, which is also a Sig 229 357.  The guy I talked to said he'd pick me a decent one, and I know on here all you guys rave about the quality of the guns, so I took the plunge.  I just hope it's not an Air Marshal trade in, those crazy mo' fo's shoot the piss out of their guns.....

I can't get over how Sig loses resale-I paid $750 for my duty two tone Sig, and used CDNN sells 'em for  $399............I tried to tell another board member this when we were talking a trade for my Colt 1911 for his 229, and I know he didn't believe me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats......I got the 220 on the left and 226 in the middle there.....

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congrats......I got the 220 on the left and 226 in the middle there.....

home.houston.rr.com/quijanos/DSCF3004.JPG

Those are clean guns.............I like CDNN!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Why do you think These Sigs are losing value ?

Sig Factory sells gun - makes profit.

Entity who bought gun from SIG sells it to CDNN - gets some money back plus had use of the gun.

CDNN sells gun to you - makes a profit.

There was probably $600 profit made on that gun already.

And it will still have a cash value if you sell it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why do you think These Sigs are losing value ?

Sig Factory sells gun - makes profit.

Entity who bought gun from SIG sells it to CDNN - gets some money back plus had use of the gun.

CDNN sells gun to you - makes a profit.

There was probably $600 profit made on that gun already.

And it will still have a cash value if you sell it.

From blue book

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $840 $730 $600 $540 $450 $400 $350 $310

I would call loosing almost half it's value from new to 90% losing value fast.  Perhaps the reason for the sharp drop is that there are so many LE trade ins.

Still, it's a good think if you don't mind having a gun w/ some holster wear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top