Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 2:42:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A pistol from a major manufacturer, a quality 1911 or a Glock, which is what probably 90% of people use, in 9mm or more, with say 10 magazines (5 for carry, 5 for practice) a surefire type light with belt clip, a quality belt holster and at least one spare belt mounted mag carrier and a cleaning kit, eye protection and ear protection-preferably electronic. A Sig or Beretta, or even a Ruger or S&W auto would work also.

Trijicon type sights I am almost willing to put on the necessity list, along with two holsters, one regular belt holster and a 2nd iwb holster of some type.

An identical, spare pistol would be a good next purchase if you can afford it, but really a training class should be next after getting the basic equipment.

Now all I need to do is tack this on a church door

Ok, gimme your credit-card info so I can get started!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
dont forget a good rifle martin luther (the origional)

oh, and more mags!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
C'mon that's the price of a new Ruger semi.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
C'mon that's the price of a new Ruger semi.

when its on sale or at a gun show.  i love my ruger p95.  hey where is that credit card info?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A pistol from a major manufacturer, a quality 1911 or a Glock HK, which is what probably 90% of people use, in 9mm or more, with say 10 magazines (5 for carry, 5 for practice) a surefire type light with belt clip, a quality belt holster and at least one spare belt mounted mag carrier and a cleaning kit, eye protection and ear protection-preferably electronic. A Sig or Beretta, or even a Ruger or S&W auto would work also.  edit-and a quality gunbelt

Trijicon type sights I am almost willing to put on the necessity list, along with two holsters, one regular belt holster and a 2nd iwb holster of some type.

An identical, spare pistol would be a good next purchase if you can afford it, but really a training class should be next after getting the basic equipment.

Fixed
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take it out of your monthly beer budget!
Or buy used-hell how much is a used Ruger semi, $ 300?

Shhhhh!  You're going to make my TRP jelous!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Where did Aimless' post go, you know, the funny  one about how HK's are "Unreliable with commonly available ammo" ?  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take it out of your monthly beer budget!
Or buy used-hell how much is a used Ruger semi, $ 300?

I bought a NIB Ruger P345R (the new comfortable one) for less than $350 out the door earlier this year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A pistol from a major manufacturer, a quality 1911 or a Glock, which is what probably 90% of people use, in 9mm or more, with say 10 magazines (5 for carry, 5 for practice) a surefire type light with belt clip, a quality belt holster and at least one spare belt mounted mag carrier and a cleaning kit, eye protection and ear protection-preferably electronic. A Sig or Beretta, or even a Ruger or S&W auto would work also.  edit-and a quality gunbelt

Sounds like a good start to me.

I'll have to admit that I don't carry a flashlight on my belt.

(I don't guess the EoTech LED key-fob on my key ring counts, does it?)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
dont forget a good rifle martin luther (the origional)

oh, and more mags!

and a pump 12ga.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I am quite happy with my BHP (and sometimes ruger revolvers depending on the situation) and do not feel the need for either a glock or another 1911 type thank you.

Now off I go to find your aforementioned AR posting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top