Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2002 5:16:49 AM EDT
For anyone that's interested Dan Wesson started shipping their new Patriot line of 1911's today. The details that I know are:

-frames and slides 100% Machined in the USA from steel forgings

-Designed specifically to compete at the top end of the production 1911 pistol market, particularly against Kimber.

- A new external extractor design

There's a picture on their website at http://www.danwessonfirearms.com/

I test fired one and the accuracy is very impressive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Judging from posts and comments, they are very serious about everything they do.
A big welcome to ya, pavletic!
Thanks for the info too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the Dan Wesson Pointman Major in 45ACP and found out I can't shoot anything but 230 ball ammo through it.......I reload and shoot mostly 200 gr. JHP's and they won't feed.....jhp's and swc's won't work in mine, even commercial ammo in 185-200 gr. I would have to return it or take it to a gunsmith and have it re-throated they wrote me.......bunch of crap......they should advertise that you have to shoot 230 ball and then I wouldn't have bought it.........
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
jem375,

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it but whats important is that anyone I have heard of having a problem with a DW has had the gun both picked up and dropped off by Fed Ex at DW's expense.  Maybe it should have been done right the first time but it sounds like they are serious about trying to make customers happy.  At this point Dan Wesson is totally commited to customer service and is gaining a good reputation for fixing any problems at their cost.  No manufacturer can gaurantee all the guns to leave their factory 100% trouble free, but buy with confidence, they will do what they have to to keep you happy.

Back to the Patriot, the guys at DW are really excited about this new gun and are pouring their hearts into making this thing fly.  All pistols come with a test target.  Also they are trimming the Pointman line somewhat to focus on the Patriot and its external extractor which has been a huge success with all the test pieces.  There will be alot of ads and reviews in the big magazines coming soon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top