Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
They are talking about them in the gun rags, has anyone tried them here yet?

It just seems wrong to have a 1911 with a polymer frame.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:32:38 PM EDT
I wouldn't mind. The only firearm I have ever owned that wasn't a polymer frame was a .44 Mag Desert Eagle (which I should have never got rid of!) I seem to recall some of the first polymer 1911 pistols were uglier than hell, and I do mean ugly. Can't recall who made them, but I hated them. If they could make polymer 1911 with nice lines, I would consider one. I have never owned a 1911, but have been considering getting one, although I am still leaning in favor of the HK USP 45. I'll have to go to Kimber's web page and have a look at these polymer 1911s they have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:42:48 PM EDT
Well I went and looked at them, those Kimber Polymer frames look far nicer than the old square trigger guard frames I was thinking of.

Asthetically speaking, I would have to say I find the regualr 1911 with wrap around grips far more attractive. The light weight of the poly would be nice, but I still think I will get a metal frame variant when I finally get one. I suspect the added weight of an all metal 1911 makes for nicer shooting sessions any way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:04:29 AM EDT
I've seen the Kimber polymer 1911s and they may be interesting, but they just look so utterly fugly that I can't get past it. I think the frames are mfr'd as the BUL by the Israelis.

I think the only polymer framed 1911 I'd own is the Wilson KZ-45. It looks much better and is not appreciably thicker than a regular 1911. I almost bought one a few months back but got cold feet :(
Top Top