Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
They are talking about them in the gun rags, has anyone tried them here yet?

It just seems wrong to have a 1911 with a polymer frame.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mind.  The only firearm I have ever owned that wasn't a polymer frame was a .44 Mag Desert Eagle (which I should have never got rid of!)  I seem to recall some of the first polymer 1911 pistols were uglier than hell, and I do mean ugly.  Can't recall who made them, but I hated them.  If they could make polymer 1911 with nice lines, I would consider one.  I have never owned a 1911, but have been considering getting one, although I am still leaning in favor of the HK USP 45.  I'll have to go to Kimber's web page and have a look at these polymer 1911s they have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I went and looked at them,  those Kimber Polymer frames look far nicer than the old square trigger guard frames I was thinking of.

Asthetically speaking, I would have to say I find the regualr 1911 with wrap around grips far more attractive.  The light weight of the poly would be nice, but I still think I will get a metal frame variant when I finally get one.  I suspect the added weight of an all metal 1911 makes for nicer shooting sessions any way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen the Kimber polymer 1911s and they may be interesting, but they just look so utterly fugly that I can't get past it.  I think the frames are mfr'd as the BUL by the Israelis.

I think the only polymer framed 1911 I'd own is the Wilson KZ-45.  It looks much better and is not appreciably thicker than a regular 1911.  I almost bought one a few months back but got cold feet :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top