Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a post where a guy said that 226 mags work as range mags.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have received a few in stock notifications but always too late.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Picked mine up last night, its super smooth cycling, really well made as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked mine up last Thursday and I’ll certainly agree on the quality feel. It feels like a high end 1911 when you rack the slide, I’m hoping to get out soon to put some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So do you like it? I’ve shot probably 600rds thru it and really enjoy it. The trigger is smooth and the fit and finish is rather awesome.
View Quote

Went and did another 150 rounds this morning,

Groups got worse, realized optic was loose. Upon inspection apparent no thread locked or screws. Working on finding torque specs now, going to clean and add a few drops of rocksette, then re-zero and reevaluate accuracy testing.

The optic seems to get dirtier that on any other gun I've ever had. Not an issue for me, I just put a thin layer of chapstick to make for easy carbon removal, but may be an issue for some and I feel it's worth mentioning.

Had 2 out of said 10 rounds have a FTF, due to slide not closing the way. Apprx 1/8th in. of travel left before in battery. It should be noted id using factory new but off brand ammo. The Blazer 147 did not have this issue.

Overall I do like it. I wish the trigger had significantly less take up but it's not terrible, maybe there will be a real reduction kit offered.

The small 3 to 4mm push pin underneath my trigger guard came about half way out, luckily I saw it and knocked it back on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Btw, I have a Shadow 2 whose mags have +3s on them....

While a tiny bit loose, they work, flawlessly over 300 rounds yesterday.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Btw, I have a Shadow 2 whose mags have +3s on them....

While a tiny bit loose, they work, flawlessly over 300 rounds yesterday.

View Quote

I guess I could try other mags, but I do have 7 of the 5.0 mags now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess I could try other mags, but I do have 7 of the 5.0 mags now.
View Quote

I made a short showing how little the gun moves under recoil.

RIA 5.0 short
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Just checked the email and just ordered one...  One left as of 2 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Gun arrived.  Certainly smooth action and trigger.  Cz 75 mags fit, base pad is slightly large so requires a slap (so do factory), TTI +5 basepads snap in, CZC not so much.  

Rainy day here so may not test fire today.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Base pads, the CZ angle is slightly off.
Stock

CZ and MecGar

CZ metal base:
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I couldn’t resist a trip to the range.  Ammo was my minor PF USPSA load.  I used the CZ mags only.  First two mags I just blasted away.  No failures, recoil negligible.  In defense of my groups, I can’t see the sights…

10 yds aimed fire, 10 yds.

Double taps, right/left, R/L…

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I couldn’t resist a trip to the range.  Ammo was my minor PF USPSA load.  I used the CZ mags only.  First two mags I just blasted away.  No failures, recoil negligible.  In defense of my groups, I can’t see the sights…

10 yds aimed fire, 10 yds.
https://i.postimg.cc/sXJgPh8s/5-E438-A30-A797-4705-AC34-F51-E696-B5-AC7.jpg

Double taps, right/left, R/L…
https://i.postimg.cc/2y8805Rv/FF494458-D7D7-4334-90DA-300D8CEB8B1B.jpg
View Quote

Great results.

So those were just standard CZ75 mags?

That would be awesome if the case, as I have a number of them already.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote

Wonderful, thank you. That really ups this pistol to the top of my list.

And just to clarify, were these the CZ75 mags with the metal base, or the polymer base?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Poly bases, I just swapped in the metal bases for easier seating.  Factory mags are ACT.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
These were shot with some 124 grain factory ammo.

Weapon light test

Naked gun test

I can never seem to get Youtube to embed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I shot a USPSA match in Limited minor with the RIA 5.0. Oddly my best stage was the classifier.  

I had a few issues with my CZ mags with 140 extension (I only used CZ mags today), the 17/18 round mags worked fine.  One mag with a competition follower and extension would feed round 23 straight into the feed ramp, the other no issue.  If you look at the vid, you can see a little dicey chambering of the first round.  Another issue on one stage I loaded 24 in the gun and the slide was hindered with the spring pressure that I had to manually rack round two (let me know if you need to see the vid).  Not an uncommon problem in
trying to get 24 in the gun (hello MBX).  I had a pair of light strikes on my reloads but that batch seemed to have a lot of primer seating problems (mil spec brass in my 3k I bought on EE).  

Overall, the gun is awesome.  Really no recoil. I am a Limited B class shooter and really have trouble seeing the irons these days.  I would have bought an OR gun but I do not like the optic choice RIA put on that gun.  Over time I will convert it to a red dot gun or an open gun for fun.

Classifier run.

If you are wondering about the weapon light, I used that to make the gun fit in a Shadow 2 plus weapon light holster snugly.  Interested in new holster options in the future.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I shot a USPSA match in Limited minor with the RIA 5.0. Oddly my best stage was the classifier.  

I had a few issues with my CZ mags with 140 extension (I only used CZ mags today), the 17/18 round mags worked fine.  One mag with a competition follower and extension would feed round 23 straight into the feed ramp, the other no issue.  If you look at the vid, you can see a little dicey chambering of the first round.  Another issue on one stage I loaded 24 in the gun and the slide was hindered with the spring pressure that I had to manually rack round two (let me know if you need to see the vid).  Not an uncommon problem in
trying to get 24 in the gun (hello MBX).  I had a pair of light strikes on my reloads but that batch seemed to have a lot of primer seating problems (mil spec brass in my 3k I bought on EE).  

Overall, the gun is awesome.  Really no recoil. I am a Limited B class shooter and really have trouble seeing the irons these days.  I would have bought an OR gun but I do not like the optic choice RIA put on that gun.  Over time I will convert it to a red dot gun or an open gun for fun.

Classifier run.

If you are wondering about the weapon light, I used that to make the gun fit in a Shadow 2 plus weapon light holster snugly.  Interested in new holster options in the future.
View Quote

Wonderful info, thank you for keeping us updated.

As a weird gun fan and owner of a number of CZ75 mags, your reports have really sold me on the 5.0.

Here's your earlier videos, hopefully they embed.

RIA 5.0 Limited Minor, Classifier RDS 4-1-23
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Classifier run.

View Quote

I tried to fit to a rht Lh shadow 2 holster and no joy. I'm expecting to have to buy a custom fit holster to fit the henning hanger.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone experimented with installing an adjustable pre-travel set screw on one of these yet?

Anyone know of any companies that may offer this service even if not for this model?

I tried to reach out to the industry partners I've used in the past, Primary Machine, Cajun Gunworks, and CZ Customs, so far no luck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Shot a couple strings of fast fire, 1.02 was the fastest for 5 shots.

Noticed: the gun uses a lot of oil, and can start to get finicky as it gets dryer and dirtier.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Shot a couple strings of fast fire, 1.02 was the fastest for 5 shots.

Noticed: the gun uses a lot of oil, and can start to get finicky as it gets dryer and dirtier.
View Quote

Try grease
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a taco style G34 holster laying around that I sacrificed and with the heat gun was able to get a reasonable fit.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top