Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I purchased a SRO for my 17. I figured it was worth a try and found a decent deal on them. I got a 5moa version, I much prefer the large dots. I ran 5 mags through the gun yesterday. Im honestly not sure I think the SRO is worth it. The window is huge, but if you have a natural point of aim and good grip, the RMR window is plenty big enough. That being said the SRO allows you to not have a perfect point of aim and or grip and still make solid hits. I’m honestly worried if the SRO will teach bad habits. I’m not sure yet. I’m going to run it for a while and see.

Also note, I had to modify my 6360RDS to work with the SRO. It was super easy and works great now.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Damn, I don't love the P320 but that's sharp!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Another one. ??

I realize I have to be smoother..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Nice. Getting faster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice. Getting faster.
View Quote

Ehhh, I’m not sure about that, but it’s fun trying!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ehhh, I’m not sure about that, but it’s fun trying!
View Quote

Very true.

I considered going in on my G19 this weekend, but I don't enjoy shooting it. It's kinda painful.

Instead, I actually finished the Fed Marsh qual and helped my buddy with some training on pistols.

I'll revisit this and hopefully black belt the whole thing, instead of part of it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Very true.

I considered going in on my G19 this weekend, but I don't enjoy shooting it. It's kinda painful.

Instead, I actually finished the Fed Marsh qual and helped my buddy with some training on pistols.

I'll revisit this and hopefully black belt the whole thing, instead of part of it.
View Quote

The thing I noticed from videoing this session is I started bending at the waist / hip again…it does slow me down. I know that bringing the gun to the eyes and shooting is smoother and faster. Too much indoctrination from years of, at the time, “cutting edge” police training.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Yeah, I’m kind of digging that too!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m kind of digging that too!
View Quote

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of that one lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder how many have achieved BB standards with a stock, off the shelf pistol? I’ve been to 2 off his  classes and seen one man miss on his 25 yd shot. All that have gotten close have modified pistols.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder how many have achieved BB standards with a stock, off the shelf pistol? I’ve been to 2 off his  classes and seen one man miss on his 25 yd shot. All that have gotten close have modified pistols.
View Quote

I bet that if you gave those guys a factory gun, they could run them nearly as fast. I think a Dot is incredibly helpful for the 25yard shot, I could see how a dot is beneficial and 'not-factory'.

I'm completely convinced this is an 'it's the Indian, not the arrow' application. I'm sure the guys that can consistently achieve these standards with tricked out guns and also achieve the standards with an off the shelf gun.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, I purchased a SRO for my 17. I figured it was worth a try and found a decent deal on them. I got a 5moa version, I much prefer the large dots. I ran 5 mags through the gun yesterday. Im honestly not sure I think the SRO is worth it. The window is huge, but if you have a natural point of aim and good grip, the RMR window is plenty big enough. That being said the SRO allows you to not have a perfect point of aim and or grip and still make solid hits. I’m honestly worried if the SRO will teach bad habits. I’m not sure yet. I’m going to run it for a while and see.

Also note, I had to modify my 6360RDS to work with the SRO. It was super easy and works great now.

https://i.imgur.com/VQpL15r.jpg
View Quote

Confused by your statements. What do you mean not have a perfect point of aim?

The RMR, RMRCC, SRO are very very very similar. The main difference being size and shape.

If you’re referring to parallax with the dot, all dots do that. Took a sage dynamics RDS instructor course. You learn how parallax works with any dot. SRO is no different.

The purpose of having a round window is to draw the eye to the center of it faster and easier.

Owning 2 SRO’s, 2 RMR’s, and 1 RMRCC, the round window of the SRO is much easier to pick up the dot when shooting in odd positions. Static standing shooting I don’t notice much of a difference.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The RMR, RMRCC, SRO are very very very similar. The main difference being size and shape.

If you’re referring to parallax with the dot, all dots do that. Took a sage dynamics RDS instructor course. You learn how parallax works with any dot. SRO is no different.

The purpose of having a round window is to draw the eye to the center of it faster and easier.

Owning 2 SRO’s, 2 RMR’s, and 1 RMRCC, the round window of the SRO is much easier to pick up the dot when shooting in odd positions. Static standing shooting I don’t notice much of a difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/VQpL15r.jpg

I think he means that with a bigger window there is more room for error in you presentation to still see the dot.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

03RN got it. I meant that the SRO's big window helps when you don't have a good natural point of aim. As in, the ability to being comfortably on target with zero muscular input (quoted from Pat McNamara).
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top