Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 2:14:34 AM EDT
I bought a new Marklll about 2 months ago and after finally feeding it 600 rds of ammo, the trigger has loosened up a bit and I am now getting 3 inches @25yds and 2 inches @15, and at the 7 and 10 yard distance, I end up with one hole the size of a Q ball. The Browning out shoots my G19 and G23 also. If I ever decide to get a trigger job I might have to try out competition. I'm not trying to be a braggart because I feel its the gun that makes this kind of shooting possible, it points like nothing I have ever shot and it feels well balanced while aiming it, and it fits my hand like a glove.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 4:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The HiPower is one of those designs that was right from the day the first one came off the line. If you look at the history of the pistol it is amazing how few changes have been made over the years. Hear we are, sixty-seven years after it first appeared and we ar on Gen 3. Compare that to some more recent designs like the GLOCKs, the Sigmas and even the classic S&W revolvers.

When a 67 year old design can still be compared to the best of the new designs coming out, that's pretty awsome.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
My father also had a HiPower that would shoot like that. The accuracy out of it was incredible, it would out shoot his Gold Cup and all of his revolvers time and time again. We figured it was one of those guns that was just 'gifted,' like a factory ringer where everything just came out right.

Unfortunately he sold it a few years ago and has been kicking himself ever since. Of course I have been kicking him too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, hicap mags are both easy to get and down right cheap. CDNN has Browning HP 17 round mags for $19.99 and 15 round mags for $18.99.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Belgian Browning that is also a tack driver.  It's the most accurate 9mm I own or have ever owned.  I was under the impression that the 9mm cartridge was inherently inaccurate until I got this pistol.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ken_ Mays:  That is a piece of art their. Looks like ya got some Spegel grips on that beauty. I would be awfull proud to own a Browning as nice as that one is. Later. and thanks for the eye candy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:03:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:Ken_ Mays:  That is a piece of art their. Looks like ya got some Spegel grips on that beauty. I would be awfull proud to own a Browning as nice as that one is. Later. and thanks for the eye candy.

Actually they're Hogue cocobolo grips.  And it didn't look that nice when I bought it.  It was my first attempt at rebluing.  Fortunately it turned out well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top