Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Searching around I've seen a few posts saying this Swamp Fox pack of screws may have the correct screws that will fit flush on the 407/507K.  I hate to spend $20+ shipping for two screws but I'm not seeing much else at online machine screw websites.  David

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ultimate-red-dot-screw-pack
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Searching around I've seen a few posts saying this Swamp Fox pack of screws may have the correct screws that will fit flush on the 407/507K.  I hate to spend $20+ shipping for two screws but I'm not seeing much else at online machine screw websites.  David

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ultimate-red-dot-screw-pack
View Quote
That would probably do it. The head diameter is the killer as there are tons of M4 screws, but all the head diameters at least what I've found are way too big.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone sent me an IM requesting a picture from the rear showing the stock sights with the Holosun 407K.  It's not even close.  The base of the Holosun is taller than the stock Delta sights.

On another note I was checking some holsters today and found my Code Black Gear kydex OWB holster for my Glock 19 fits the Delta perfectly.  Also I discovered that a Blackhawk serpa holster I had from my issued HK P2000 years ago fits the Delta and it locks in place perfectly.  I'm not a fan of the serpa and haven't used one since the Safariland ALS came out but just an FYI.  David

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Someone sent me an IM requesting a picture from the rear showing the stock sights with the Holosun 407K.  It's not even close.  The base of the Holosun is taller than the stock Delta sights.

https://i.postimg.cc/KcBpDCvw/IMG-20210509-204157.jpg

On another note I was checking some holsters today and found my Code Black Gear kydex OWB holster for my Glock 19 fits the Delta perfectly.  Also I discovered that a Blackhawk serpa holster I had from my issued HK P2000 years ago fits the Delta and it locks in place perfectly.  I'm not a fan of the serpa and haven't used one since the Safariland ALS came out but just an FYI.  David

https://i.postimg.cc/7Y4ssX56/IMG-20210509-164421.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/d0h4kxxW/IMG-20210509-162833.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the pick.

Anyone with a Gen 2 and a 507k, what iron sights are you using?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the pick.

Anyone with a Gen 2 and a 507k, what iron sights are you using?
View Quote

I ended up robbing the RMR for another gun, and putting a 508T on the Delta.  The sights work with the 508T, so I'd imagine they will work with the 507K.  Dawson SIG 320 fixed carry sights, .330 front, and a .325 rear.  They are very low in the window, but still useable.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...On another note I was checking some holsters today and found my Code Black Gear kydex OWB holster for my Glock 19 fits the Delta perfectly.  Also I discovered that a Blackhawk serpa holster I had from my issued HK P2000 years ago fits the Delta and it locks in place perfectly.  I'm not a fan of the serpa and haven't used one since the Safariland ALS came out but just an FYI....
View Quote

Squirrel moment...P2000 or P30?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I carried the P2000 from 2005 to 2015 and then transitioned to the Sig P320 until I retired last year.  My department never had the P30.  Just the HK45 for SWAT and P2000 for everyone else.  I was issued a P7M13 from 1998 to 2005  David
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I was planning on getting an Arex Gen2 M model, but that review from HONEST OUTLAW was pretty disconcerting seeing it fail to go into battery with slide-release and other issues. I don't like "break-in" periods.

Have any of you guys had failure to feed or battery issues?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I carried the P2000 from 2005 to 2015 and then transitioned to the Sig P320 until I retired last year.  My department never had the P30.  Just the HK45 for SWAT and P2000 for everyone else.  I was issued a P7M13 from 1998 to 2005  David
View Quote

Thanks for the info!  I’ll send you a PM...been waffling back and forth on a P2000 or P30 for years.  Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to shoot either, and have only ever held/dry fired the P30.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programming!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was planning on getting an Arex Gen2 M model, but that review from HONEST OUTLAW was pretty disconcerting seeing it fail to go into battery with slide-release and other issues. I don't like "break-in" periods.

View Quote

Do you have a link to that review. I couldn't find it on the Honest Outlaw blog site. I've only got 250 rounds through mine but no malfunctions.  200 of the 250 rounds were from an ammo can of loose ammo ranging from 90gr frangible, 115gr WWB, Wolf,Blazer aluminum and various premium HP rounds and some range floor pick-ups  I did field strip and lube it well before starting.  Ammo is to expensive right now to try and blast through 1000 rounds but mine is starting out okay.  David
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Arex Delta Gen 2 Optics Ready First Shots & Impressions
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm at 350 rds of random ammo. The only "failure" is loading on a full mag, because of the underside ramp looks like it needs polishing.

The L and X models are in stock at GO :D

Arex Delta Gen 2
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the video.  I hadn't seen that one.  I have not had any failure to go into battery issues like those in the video.  I almost always use the slide release to release the slide.  I will say I have been using 5 P10C mags when shooting along with the factory Arex mags.  Also I did field strip the mags and wipe the insides and springs down with a silicone rag before starting my first rounds.  My pistol was fairly dry inside before I first lubed it up.  I see the pistol in the video is a G30000 number.  Mine is G32000 so I guess they are pumping them out.  David
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, sold a Glock to fund a FDE M and likely a 507k.

If nobody has a source for screws that work with the 507k, I might try the swamp fox pack
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm at 350 rds of random ammo. The only "failure" is loading on a full mag, because of the underside ramp looks like it needs polishing.

The L and X models are in stock at GO :D

Arex Delta Gen 2
View Quote

DK Firearms has M, L, and X in stock too.

To say they ship fast is an understatement
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I was tinkering around the other day and noticed my Gen 3 Glock 19 recoil spring assembly seems to be the exact same size at the factory Arex Delta assembly.  I hand cycled the Arex slide and is seemed to function fine with the Glock assembly.  I ordered a non captured Glock guide rod and want to try some different spring weights in my Delta.  I'm curious if the spring weight can tame some of the snappiness.  I'm guessing the Delta is sprung for the hot NATO ammo so I'm wondering what a different spring weight will do.   I'm not in the area for the next week so I'm not able to test fire my Delta with the factory Glock recoil spring assembly.  David
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Argh.  Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Went to pick up my Delta and the little garage storage room FFL I use has a couple 507k redoes on his cabinet...it’s was thrived the same as everywhere online....so.
In for a penny, in for a pound I guess

It feels pretty damn good in my hand.  I really like my 43X and never cared for the grip on my Gen 3 G19 (stupid finger groves and my pinky fits weird in the edge).  The delta feels a touch thicker in the grip than the 43x, but not much. Damn good competitor to the 48 and 19 with the feel closer to the 48
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Tried it in a couple of my Glock 19 holsters...some fit it well enough and some were too loose for my liking.

Since none of my Glock holsters are cut for an optic, I’ll be looking to get a holster made specifically for the delta with an optic
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#20]
As far as I know ANR is the only company so far that makes a dedicated Delta holster with red dot and flashlight options.  David

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product-tag/rex-delta/
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Global Ordnance says the manual thumb safety model is currently awaiting ATF approval for import.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine, with TLR-7A in the ANR light bearing OWB in Coyote gray.  The color looked more gray on their site, in real life it's more brown.  I like their speed clips, easy on and off, but pretty secure while on the belt/

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#23]
For those interested is possibly upgrading Gen-1's;

Gen 2 Grip Modules

I ordered two of the OD M's, to try out a swap on a couple of my Gen 1's.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#24]
DK Firearms and Global Ord both got X/L mags in....
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For those interested is possibly upgrading Gen-1's;

Gen 2 Grip Modules

I ordered two of the OD M's, to try out a swap on a couple of my Gen 1's.
View Quote

I could see getting a X frame for my M sometime..
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I got one of these guide rods in earlier this week and put a couple of mags through my Delta today.  I thought it felt a little less snappy but it could have been in my head.  They don't list the spring rate so I'm going to try a 15 pound Glock 19 spring tomorrow and see if I can tell any difference.  The factory guide rod comes apart just like the two retainers that capture most striker springs so I'm going to try the factory guide rod with the new springs also.  David

https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-precision-recoil-guide-rod-and-spring-for-arex-rex-delta/

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]
If anyone is wondering what all screws come in the Swampfox set, here you go

I ended up just grinding down the screws that came from holosun with the 507k...

Now I just need to figure out what backup sights to get.   I think the ones used with the RMR look to be way too tall.  I think something around .275” above the slide deck would work..

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#28]
This pistol looks promising!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I had the same issue with mounting a Holosun on mine but if you torque down enough on the socket cap screws the Arex comes with it will work (although it does bite into the frame of the Holosun slightly).
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
we have the M, L, and X in stock cheaper than GO or DK.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
we have the M, L, and X in stock cheaper than GO or DK.
View Quote

Who is "we"?
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah I still haven’t seen an X anywhere
View Quote

The local dealer had a new Gen 2 X on Saturday. Sure felt damn good in the hands, I almost bought it...It was gone this morning.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The local dealer had a new Gen 2 X on Saturday. Sure felt damn good in the hands, I almost bought it...It was gone this morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I still haven’t seen an X anywhere

I'm picking up an FDE X today, having ordered from DK last weekend.

I'll take some comparison photos when I get home this evening.

ETA: New Delta X. I think I might order an X frame and see if I can upgrade one of my Gen 1's. Already have two OD frames coming next week, so I'll eventually upgrade all of my Gen 1's.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ETA: New Delta X. I think I might order an X frame and see if I can upgrade one of my Gen 1's. Already have two OD frames coming next week, so I'll eventually upgrade all of my Gen 1's.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_225000040_jpg-1958755.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_224942986_jpg-1958756.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_224923189_jpg-1958757.JPG
View Quote

You're not making it easy for me...
I'm going to order an "X" Nice looking Delta's you got there, and thank you for posting the photos!
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_225000040_jpg-1958755.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_224942986_jpg-1958756.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210528_224923189_jpg-1958757.JPG
View Quote

Well, crap I had put my Gen 1 up for sale, but if I can upstage to an X frame, maybe I’ll just do that!

How much are they and where are you getting them from?  And did we ever get confirmation that the X/M frames are fully compatible with the Gen 1 slide?
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, crap I had put my Gen 1 up for sale, but if I can upstage to an X frame, maybe I’ll just do that!

How much are they and where are you getting them from?  And did we ever get confirmation that the X/M frames are fully compatible with the Gen 1 slide?
View Quote

I think the only place I’ve seen frames for sale is directly from Arex
https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-gen-2-oem-frame

They are €50, €64.80 with shipping....approx $80
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think the only place I’ve seen frames for sale is directly from Arex
https://www.arex-store.si/product-page/arex-delta-gen-2-oem-frame

They are €50, €64.80 with shipping....approx $80
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Got my Dawson sights on.....the Arex front sight was really on there.  Took way more beating than I expected to get it off.

Here is a quick pic before I clean up all the aluminum smudges off the sights

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Are those the same sights that Dr_Nimslow showed earlier in the thread?  I was thinking about changing the front sight only and using the rear sight in the Holosun.  Do you think that would work?  Also did you knock the sights out from right to left.  It looks like you installed the new sights from left to right.  Thanks, David
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are those the same sights that Dr_Nimslow showed earlier in the thread?  I was thinking about changing the front sight only and using the rear sight in the Holosun.  Do you think that would work?  Also did you knock the sights out from right to left.  It looks like you installed the new sights from left to right.  Thanks, David
View Quote

Yes, the same sights from Dawson. Front is .330 and the rear is .325” from the top of the slide (how Dawson measures their sights).

If you only changed the front, it would shoot low.  Maybe if you could find a front sight a little lower.  
Measure the rear on the holosun, then find a front about 0.05 taller (assuming that it would need the same setup that Dawson suggests for Sigs).

I haven’t shot it with this setup yet, so I don’t know if the Arex dead on with the Dawson Sig sights or not.  I figure Dr_Nimslow would know.  I wish they were a touch lower, but they will work until I can find something a lot better.

Yes, looking from the back of the slide, knocked out right to left, installed left to right. The Dawson front sight took a bit of filing to make it fit...just go slow and don’t remove too much.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the update.  Looking at Dawson's P series fronts sights it shows they have a .275 tall front.  I might try that and see if that works.  Of course the battery is dead on my digital caliper and it is some oddball size.  I will have to get a battery before I can measure the back of my Holosun 407k and see how tall the rear notch is on the back of the Holosun.  David
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update.  Looking at Dawson's P series fronts sights it shows they have a .275 tall front.  I might try that and see if that works.  Of course the battery is dead on my digital caliper and it is some oddball size.  I will have to get a battery before I can measure the back of my Holosun 407k and see how tall the rear notch is on the back of the Holosun.  David
View Quote

Looking at my 507k, it looks like the top of the built in rear sight is around .270 above the slide, so if the front needs to be like sigs, then the .275 front sight might be close.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Thought I'd throw this out; Gen 1 slide and internals on Gen 2 "M" frame. I dry-fired with snap caps about 100 times, then ran two full mags through it, and everything seems fine.

I'll be upgrading all of my Gen 1's now that I've confirmed that this works. The Gen 2 frames even come with the magazine release and takedown lever pre-installed, so it's a very easy swap to do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#44]
How long did it take to ship to you.  That OD grip is calling my name.  David
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

@dwhitehorne

About 2 weeks. The OD is very similar to the older OD Walther P99's.

I ordered two more of the "M" frames, and once I hear back from them on whether you can upgrade a Gen 1 to an "X", I may order an OD X frame for my last one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@dwhitehorne

I ordered two more of the "M" frames, and once I hear back from them on whether you can upgrade a Gen 1 to an "X", I may order an OD X frame for my last one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@dwhitehorne

I've seen a YouTube video of someone putting an X frame as well as an L frame on their M. Although I can't remember if the M was a Gen 1 or 2.

They also put an L upper on an M lower and it fit together fine as well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:03:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks ark_lite.

I saw the video mentioned too.  I can't imagine the grip module change would be any different than switching the Sig P320 from compact to carry modules.  David
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I'm 98% confident it will be fine. I just want to have confirmation before I order another $60 chunk of plastic, then pay $25 to ship it here.

I have one of their Gen 1 FDE frames, and I will say, the Gen 2 coming with mag-release and take-down lever installed is a major improvement.

Language barrier aside, they're a damn nice company to do business with.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#49]
For those that may not have seen. I sent my Delta L off to CHPWS to design a metal optic plate. I just got the gun back but haven’t mounted a sight yet.

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thought I'd throw this out; Gen 1 slide and internals on Gen 2 "M" frame. I dry-fired with snap caps about 100 times, then ran two full mags through it, and everything seems fine.

I'll be upgrading all of my Gen 1's now that I've confirmed that this works. The Gen 2 frames even come with the magazine release and takedown lever pre-installed, so it's a very easy swap to do.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129831/PXL_20210609_144127162_NIGHT_jpg-1972568.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for this!

Shoot, maybe I’ll take my Gen 1 Arex off the market and get an X frame for it.  I would love knowing if you get confirmation from Arex on the X frame with the Gen 1 slide!

What’s different about the Gen 2 slide/barrel/spring?

Also, I’ve never swapped a lower on a pistol before...how easy is it to swap the trigger housing?  Excuse my ignorance on this...only lowers I’ve ever built are AR lowers!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top