[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beretta THE END
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would shoot the Glocks I have and buy ammo and training.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
APX or P320... That or a metal frame gun. Everything else is really no different than a Glock. HKs, Caniks, M&Ps, CZ P10s, etc are just Glocks with a more complicated design, more parts, look/ergos, but for the mist part exactly the same.

IMHO, the APX is better than the P320, but the P320 does have more aftermarket support. If you're in the Gucci camp, that means something, but if all you require is a holster and different sights, thecAPX has that covered.

I own Glocks and the M&P 2.0 Compact. Not much different except the M&P 2.0s have more parts, are harder to completely strip down, and you fucking have to remove the rear sight to completely break down the slide. That's a pain in the asses if you want to install a APEX trigger or break down the slide for detail cleaning. With the APX at lease, with a $12 part swap, you'll have a somewhat simular trigger pull weight than with the APEX trigger.

Going from a Glock to a M&P 2.0 is NOT going to give you a different experience.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked Canik tp 9 elite, but I highly recommend the Elite Combat or Combat Executive. Its the Salient Arms hybrid and is quite exceptional, and not.many folks know....that its quite worth the additional cost.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm a HUGE PPQ fan and that statement might have been true in 2010 but not any longer.

Triggers that are arguably better:

Canik TP9SF
Arex Delta
CZ P-10C
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walther PPQ.  Best out of the box trigger in any striker fired pistol, accuate, reliable, and and only bested by the Walther P99 AS.

I'm a HUGE PPQ fan and that statement might have been true in 2010 but not any longer.

Triggers that are arguably better:

Canik TP9SF
Arex Delta
CZ P-10C

I'm a huge Walther and CZ fan, (and have pretty much owned or shot every new major polymer 9 released since the PPQ debut) but once I tried the Canik Elite Combats (2 models) 2 months ago, I have to say they are the best tigger I've ever tried out of the box....
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#6]
VP9 or PPQ
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Steyr L9A2 is my vote. What you put up I would say a newer production p10c. Older ones you may have trouble with the trigger and mag release. Newer ones it’s been worked out. The Masada is a great gun as well
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Steyr L9A2 is my vote. What you put up I would say a newer production p10c. Older ones you may have trouble with the trigger and mag release. Newer ones it’s been worked out. The Masada is a great gun as well
View Quote

Its a shame the Steyr pistols are so uncommon in the US. I was blown away by my L9A2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its a shame the Steyr pistols are so uncommon in the US. I was blown away by my L9A2.
View Quote

They nailed it with the A2 series, everything a aftermarket company gives (great trigger, solid stippling, flared Magwell, slide milled) with the extras of a well thought out pistol like low bore axis and changeable side and rear grip panels. They also fixed issues of the A1 with a newly designed extractor. Just one issue and one gloss over and it would be perfect. Gloss over is no optics cut(altoughL&M does it) and one issue is it’s Steyr so they can’t be bothered with you so it’s hard to find them and their shipments are spread out too much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm really loving my Sig M18
Second on the list: Sig 229
Third, Springfield XDM with the Powder River Precision trigger
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
in a striker pistol, i'd be inclined to go VP9 first, then an M&P. mags and holsters are easy to get for each too.

have not shot a CZ striker pistol yet though but i do love the P-07/09
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top