BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And it doesn't have a grip safety.  But it's a great trigger for a relatively inexpensive compact 1911-style gun.
View Quote

My springfield 911 is pretty good as well. Not true 1911 good but it's the one compact gun I shoot as well as my larger ones.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A Cajunized/CZ Custom CZ 75 or Omega trigger is really hard to beat.
View Quote

A stock CZ75 SA is not a great trigger. Mine is at CZCustom right now getting that fixed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There’s a member with a newer gun with a threaded barrel but he said he got hooked up. I think it was left over from a big agency order or similar.

I was always surprised that they never seemed to care about threaded barrels. I still have a couple of the old Tactical 5.0’s I grabbed because they were starting to disappear. Always wanted a lightweight 4.0 threaded.

They could easily do a nice threaded barrel option. Nice little shoulder flange and bonus points for either LH threads or LH rifling with the standard threads so cans don’t back off.
View Quote

I think I will actually gift this P to my wife for Christmas then buy a P Duo (tall enough sights) and wait for them to start taking custom work and get a threaded barrel fit for it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Short of a 1911 or revolver.

Try a Walther PPQ. No other striker matches it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ TSO
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
CZ TSO
View Quote

x1000%
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think I will actually gift this P to my wife for Christmas then buy a P Duo (tall enough sights) and wait for them to start taking custom work and get a threaded barrel fit for it.
View Quote

last time i called i was told if they do it (they won't) they wanted $600 for labor on top of the price of a barrel.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

eta, you can tune it to make as lite as you want and there is nothing smoother. JMB is still the man.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
My STI followed by CZ TSO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

last time i called i was told if they do it (they won't) they wanted $600 for labor on top of the price of a barrel.
View Quote

Fuck.  I'll raise you a to
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Any trigger can be worked for target shooting. Except the glock. You can smooth one out but a gate latch is a gate latch.

Out of the box the best triggers Ive had is the legion SAO, shadow 2, dan wesson 715 and a 90s production (folded slide) p220.

If you want a platform that has the best potential for a good target trigger, I'd reccomend the 1911 or a CZ. Lots of smiths out there that can make a 1911 trigger awesome: light pull, crisp break and zero creep. For CZ get a cajun worked gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Another vote for the Sig Legion 226 sao, great shooter, crisp trigger. Would not be my choice for a concealed carry gun but great for everything else. Recommend picking up some Mec Gar 17 round mags to go with it.
View Quote

Another vote for the Legion 226 SAO. Best shooting gun I have, even better then my 1911's (and I like my 1911's). I'll admit I don't have any of the other guns on the OP's list but I the SAO Legion is friggen awesome so I can't image how the other options could be any better?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve had the privilege of owning and shooting some of the best 1911’s and other pistols with some incredible triggers.

The Sig p226 legion SAO is as good as it gets for a semi auto centerfire pistol trigger.

My only gripe with the gun is that I can’t put an RMR on it and carry it. Sig mills out the inside of the slide more than their other p226’s to make it even more softer recoiling (less reciprocating mass).
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A Cajunized/CZ Custom CZ 75 or Omega trigger is really hard to beat.
View Quote

Easily beat by the stock CZ 75 SA since it doesn't have a 1/2 mile of take up.

CZ 85 Combat (no FPB) with a CZ custom SAO trigger is even better though.

Really wish either of those guys would make an SAO conversion for my P-07.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Easily beat by the stock CZ 75 SA since it doesn't have a 1/2 mile of take up.

CZ 85 Combat (no FPB) with a CZ custom SAO trigger is even better though.

Really wish either of those guys would make an SAO conversion for my P-07.
View Quote

I just got my SA back from CZC. Fantastic. Burnished it a few dozen times, now no creep and a 2.5 pound break.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Dupe
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top