Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Beretta Italy M92A1 9mm and the Beretta M9A1 .22LR were the only handguns I ever had, I would feel well equipped.  Both are accurate, easy to shoot, and 100% reliable.  The DA/SA systems and decockers are perfectly sensible to a shooter trained on DA Smith revolvers.

As it is, today, I’da got instead a M9A3 9mm with a more adaptable grip, but that’s it.  Beretta had it available to the DOD five years ago and would have substituted it for the last 50,000-80,000 M9s still to be delivered on existing contracts.  But someone wanted a plastic gun costing half the M9 price so we get the plastic reincarnation ergonomically of a P226.  A striker gun with a safety.  But not a drop safety as adopted.  LMAO.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
When I entered the Army, the 1911 was the standard sidearm and well liked. When I first got a M9 in the early 90's, I initially liked it until we went to the range and shot them. I got slide bite more than a few times. I have never liked them since. I will take a 1911 and a Sig P226 anyday!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I was never in the military so I have no say in the matter, but a friend of mine served 21 years in the Army, with the bulk of it in the 10th SFG. I asked him once what his sidearm of choice was and he said the M9. He had his choice of "cooler" options but said to him the Beretta just "felt right".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top