Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I went from Glock to M&P to Glock to p320 to Glock.

You’ll be back.

The m&p would be my choice though.

Right now I just have two gen 5 19FS and a g48. The g48 may very well be the best Glock ever made.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot Glock for quite some time.  The G19 is just an impossible combo to beat.  I ended up swapping over to a P10c beginning of the year.  As much as I love the CZ, I keep wondering if it's just 'in my head' that another gun can do a better job.  Fortunately, I spend time on a shot timer, and the numbers don't lie - the P10c outperforms the 19 in every single drill/standards test (in my hands).  

Are there downfalls of picking the CZ?  Absolutely.  Mags are pricier, the aftermarket is a fraction of the Glocks, not as easier to work on, etc.  But for me, a dude who's focused on concealed carry, performance is king.
View Quote
There is a quality CZ aftermarket, I can't think of anything the gun needs that CZC or CGW doesn't make already. Mec-Gar mags are pretty darn cheap and what most people run in them and they function flawlessly since they used to make the factory mags for CZ.

Definitely much more complex to do your own maintenance and total disassembly is way more difficult with either specialized tools or a lot of beating on stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Consider a Walther Q4 steelframe
I haven't shot one, but if "better shooting characteristics" are high on the list? I'd look at it.
The Walther triggers on guns from the PPQ on up are pretty well loved. Pull, reset, etc.
Adding a steel frame, apparently the recoil characteristics are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I went from full size m&p9 to sig p229 to glock 19 to sig p229 to glock 19.

Really most modern handguns are up to the task of edc or duty carry, I just go back to glock because its good enough, light weight, cheap, easily repaired/replaced, etc.

If I could comfortably conceal my 92 elite LTT with X300u I would drop the glock in a second.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
1911/2011, CZ, Sig P320 and/or M&P would be my go to's in that case.

If the DWX ever hits the shelves that might seal the deal for me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Had 3 Glocks, now have 3 S&W. MP,. No regrets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I switched from Glock to CZ and back to Glock.

I carry a pistol for self defense. My pistol is a tool. I want it to be as simple and efficient as possible. Are there better pistols when it comes to accuracy? There sure are, but all of my Glocks are capable of at least 3" groups at 25 yards with the factory barrels, so that is satisfactory.

If I were going to switch from Glock again, I'd go with the P320.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I switched from a Glock 26 to a Sig P365.  The 26 is a great gun, but the P365 offers the same capacity in a much smaller package.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I went from full size m&p9 to sig p229 to glock 19 to sig p229 to glock 19.

Really most modern handguns are up to the task of edc or duty carry, I just go back to glock because its good enough, light weight, cheap, easily repaired/replaced, etc.

If I could comfortably conceal my 92 elite LTT with X300u I would drop the glock in a second.
View Quote

This is exactly how I feel. They are all just tools. Pick whichever you like. Stick with a brand with a good reputation and as long as you put the work into practicing, the gun you have isn’t going to be the reason you survive a shooting.

It’s okay to just like a gun more and therefore prefer it more but don’t beat yourself up over hammers that pound the same nail. Small details matter slightly, like how it fits your hand but in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter as long as you practice with it.

Guns are like cars. If you only use it to get to work and back you’ll complete the task whether you’re in a Corolla, a Civic or a Ferrari. I look at ALL polymer framed wonder 9s as the Corrolla vs Civic argument. Whichever you like is the right answer. You really can’t go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I went from 1911, to Glock, and then back to 1911's.

I get why Glocks are so popular, but they aren't for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I kept one Glock , my 19 and moved to the VP9 as a primary type. However, it just doesnt carry as well as the 19 does , so the 19 is still in rotations.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Beretta APX Compact for $289

APX full size for competition.

Ugly enough to be weirdly attractive in their own way, some of the best ergonomics, stupid-good-reliable.

I do prefer the CZ P-10C, but feel like I am printing, all the time, when I am carrying one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Dont know.

I'd have to rent all the major options and pick the one that works best.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Gen 4's got pushed out when the M2.0 M&P came along.  And now with the addition of the G45 and 19X the 2.0 has been seeing some safe time.  2.0 Shield still the main EDC.  Chose that over the G43.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the vp9 is very glockish but a much better grip. Feels better in my hand. I have never settled on one platform but I do have a more Glocks than anything. I do like the Mp 2.0 and the p30 and the 92. Would like to try the 365.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I went from a Beretta Vertec, Brig Tac, LTT, edc to the Sig P320. I started my hunt initially because I wanted something lighter. At first I stuck with DA/SA guns like the HK P30, P2000, and USP9C. I also played with some of the FN pistols, the Beretta PX4 series and even a Beretta 90-Two. I started this journey at the right time because a bunch of new or improved pistols came to market. This is also when I discovered the advantages of having a RDS mounted on my pistol. I tried the S&W 2.0, CZ P10, and the VP9. At the end it came down to the Glock and P320. Both has great after market support. Glocks is obviously bigger but the P320 support is growing regularly. I really like the Glock 45 and 19X models. I wish Glock would do those models on a smaller scale with the G19 frame and G26 slide like Sig and S&W did with their X-Compact and 3.6" Compact models. Essentially it is the SC slide on a compact frame making a great feeling carry gun. For me I ended up going with e P320 because I shot them better and I like the potential of the modular system using the FCU. I resently bought four stripped FCUs from GB for $30 each. They are blank canvas' that I can build into whatever I want. Like an AR.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#18]
My opinion is you can shoot any of the main manufacturers well if you put in the work and the difference if you put in the hours is negligible for most. The main reason to get a glock is because you know it’ll go bang and it has a decent reset. That being said i am really into the shadow systems right now. Their 1911 style grip angle and nicer trigger really make a difference for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I find it odd that people always gripe about "bore axis bro" and then say they like the 320 which has a hammer fired gun frame bore height.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#20]
M&P, it fits my hand better and seems to track much flatter at speed. Just as accurate,  just as reliable.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Went from Glock to M&P when they first came out.  Stuck with MP for a couple years before switching back to Glock, don't see myself switching anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I’ve repeatedly tried to switch to another platform from Glock countless times.  I’ve tried S&W, Sig, Beretta, and HK...some these platforms a coupe of times....and I keep coming back to Glock, specifically the G19.   And I really don’t like it.   But dollar for dollar, pound for pound....it is for me the best compromise.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I will always shoot Glocks, it's what I know best. I am a fan of the Sig 320 too, I really like my M17 and X compact. I'm all in with striker fired pistols, my Walther PPS M2 is a easy to shoot solid pistol as well. The transition from one to another is pretty easy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Steyr, the right Austrian handgun.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#25]
If I’m not carrying one of my many Glocks I’m carrying an HK. Typically a HK45C.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't get this "switching" thing...like you can only have one type of handgun at a time.

Use what you like, buy what you want.

I have a P80 Glock 19. It works and is fun to shoot.

I also have CZ in .40, a Beretta 92, a VP9, 1911's in 9mm and 45ACP...they all work and are easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I’d never get rid of my Glocks, however I’ve recently got into the Sig P320 platform and have bought quite a few.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’d never get rid of my Glocks, however I’ve recently got into the Sig P320 platform and have bought quite a few.
View Quote

Same, but I went CZ.

Cant beat Glocks for the commonality of parts, mags, holsters, etc.

Plus you can literally fully strip them down blindfolded.

Theyre not pretty, but theyre functionality and commonality are beautiful
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#29]
I like Glocks, but I found myself changing the sights, trigger,and barrel to achieve my version of Glock Perfection.  Then I shot a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm and found I could live with the trigger but didn't need to change the barrel or sights.  So I made the switch when the M&P's started being sold cheaper than Glock.  The Glock 19 is still a favorite of mine but I find myself shooting and carrying a Smith and Wesson 2.0 Compact instead.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]
It is a tie with the H&K VP9 and M&P 2.0

If the M&P had the paddle mag release it would be the clear choice.

That said, I like being able to work on glocks part for part.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I went from glock 35 with 9mm conversion to m&p .357 sig/.40 to beretta 92a1 and now back to glock 35 in the last 2 years. I do carry a m&p .40c on the hotter days still. I am not a glock fanboy but it shoots very well. It has a grip chop to glock 19 size and a slight grip reduction. i do alot of dry firing and range trips with my beretta though and it gets to ride along with me a few times a week sometimes. i just can not get the groupings in the beretta like my glock 35 with alpha wolf 9mm barrel does.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#32]
If I were to switch (and I'm not) I'd go with the H&K VP9
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#33]
For what use?

EDC?  Sig P938
Bedside?  Suppressed G17
Range?  Variety.

If I could open carry I'd probably choose my Springfield TRP.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Sig P365 and P365XL.
I have small hands, and always preferred the grip circumference of the Khar pistls, but wasn't comfortable with the capacity in some circumstances, so split time with a G19.  
When the P365 got through the teething pains I picked one up to replace the PM9.  I like it so much I picked up a P365 XL.  
They both fit my hand WAY better than either the Kahr or the G19.  I shoot them better as well, probably a combination of the hand fit and the trigger being the same on both guns as opposed to the revolver like Kahr trigger and the .. well... GLOCK like GLOCK trigger.
I can also have mag commonality for spare mags.  I have slowly accumulated a bunch of 15 rounders so I can have spares in the truck, on my gear, and on a paddle backed dual mag holder.  
The only real issue for me currently is a WML.  I have the Foxtrot, which is awesome for CCW as it adds nothing to the width of the firearm and carries like it isn't there. But the output is underwhelming.  It is fine for target identification and navigation indoors, and outdoors at short range, but is not "blinding" to a BG, and doesn't have nearly the throw I would like.  I am considering getting a rail adapter for the XL and putting a full sized WML on that, but that raises the whole holster issue.  I may wait for one of the aftermarket lowers that allow a P320 slide and have a full sized rail, so I can use P320 holsters and still maintain the P365 grip and mag interchangeability.    

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#35]
M&P
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Glock 23 to Sig M11-A1.

I'm just done with both Glock and .40.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:21:57 AM EDT
[#37]

I went from Glock 19.4 to Beretta APX Centurion. The M&P 2.0 and Sig 320 are awesome too

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#38]
have had a USP a long time, love the gun but shit "rail" and highish bore axis... finally got a G19.3 and tricked it all out. its decent but grip is wrong. I want a M&P 2.0 but CA.....
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ll never get rid of my Glocks but I have been carry the Sig P320 Compact. Great handgun and makes me wish Glock would incorporate a similar takedown lever. The whole pulling the trigger to disassemble is tarded.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#40]
For polymer carry guns, I started with the M&P, then lots of Glocks, and picked up a Sig P320 recently. I like the Sig a lot, great trigger, accurate, but not getting rid of any Glocks for more of them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m considering moving from Glock to another platform, for those of you who made the switch, what did you go with?
View Quote

Sold my last Glock, a G32.

Did NOT look back and have gone vp9SK with 13 round mags
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Not getting rid of my Glocks but after trying da/sa I like my Sig much more both to carry and shoot.

Previously I discounted da/sa solely from people on the internet saying it was difficult to train etc etc. Found it to be a non-issue.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Carried a Glock 19 for years. Bought a full size M&P 2.0 for shits and giggles. Shot it a bit then went and bought the compact M&P 2.0. Was switching over to that until I traded into a Glock 48. So I've switched from Glock to S&W then right back to Glock...
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve switched to a Sig P226, a HK P2000, a HK VP9, a M&P9C 2.0, a Walter PPS M2 and a M&P Shield 45 each at various times, I always end up coming back to Glock though. Carry a 43 or a 22 Gen 4 depending on the situation at the moment. There is a Gen 5 19 MOS in my future too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Carried a Glock 19 for years. Bought a full size M&P 2.0 for shits and giggles. Shot it a bit then went and bought the compact M&P 2.0. Was switching over to that until I traded into a Glock 48. So I've switched from Glock to S&W then right back to Glock...
View Quote

How do you like the G48? I've been thinking about picking one up and giving my wife my G43. She currently has an M&P Shield .380 EZ.

I worked at a LGS / range for a couple of years as a side gig, shot them all and still prefer Glock. Gen5 Glocks is where it's at.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Walther.

Got a p99 because it is the default handgun in Arma 3 and I thought it looked cool. Liked it so much it has replaced my Glock 19 for carry and bedside duty, out outside of my Springfield Pro it is my best shooting handgun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How do you like the G48? I've been thinking about picking one up and giving my wife my G43. She currently has an M&P Shield .380 EZ.

I worked at a LGS / range for a couple of years as a side gig, shot them all and still prefer Glock. Gen5 Glocks is where it's at.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like it. Shoots better for me than any Glock I've owned to this point. 15 round Shield Arms mags make it a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. Actually thinking about selling my 19.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Actually thinking about selling my 19.
View Quote

Exactly, who needs a rail?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129976/IMG_1289_JPG-309702.jpg

VP9, his & hers.  (Hers is also the bedside gun, so the light lives on it permanently).

Better ergonomics, trigger, sights, considerably more ambi friendly (she's a lefty).  If Ruger comes out with a VP9 adapter for the PCC, I'll have no practical reason to keep my glocks.
View Quote

I have a pair of fraternal twin VP9s just like yours. Great guns, although I haven't entirely gotten out of Glocks (G19s, G43s and lone G42).  I agree with your "better" assessments of the VP9 in ergonomics, trigger, sights and I really like paddle magazine releases. Only thing I could do better than my present two is add a VP9 with gray frame. Two is better than one and three is better than two.

Congrats on your VPs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Several years ago I switched from Glock and carried a 1911 then M&P 2.0 5".  I've since gone back to a Glock 19 MOS with RMR.  Glocks are great guns and I enjoy shooting them but the 2.0 grip was much more comfortable to me.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top