Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 67
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with the RMRcc for my C2 because of it's thinness. Some guys complain about the window size, but I just find it a training issue. I've also had one on my 43X for almost a year and have gotten proficient with. I average about 3-400 rounds a week and dry fire a bunch. I really don't find window size an issue as both my eyes are open. I'm not a fan of the RDS hanging over the slide on a carry gun.

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
I just got back a G26 slide from my LGS after having them mill it for an RMRcc.  They acted almost like it was sacrilegious to put the RMRcc on a double stack slide.  I think he told me three times (or more) "you know, that's designed for slim single stacks."  
Yes, I understand that.
But personally, I think it's a better fit on the double stack slide than the RMR.  I'd rather it sit within the confines of the slide instead of hanging over slightly.
View Quote

The posters in this thread tried to give me the same shit over their fat red.dot hanging over their slides not being a problem for them. If they ever shot an RMRcc they would be red pilled..  I like my guns thin and I like my women thick.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TW200:

The posters in this thread tried to give me the same shit over their fat red.dot hanging over their slides not being a problem for them. If they ever shot an RMRcc they would be red pilled..  I like my guns thin and I like my women thick.
View Quote

Thick you say...

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock 19.5 with factory beaver tali and Trijicon RMR cc. All stock. Great trigger, fantastic SUPER accuracy. Easy to hold and shoot. Perfect size dot. I can dail the brightness down to pin point accuracy.
I highly recommend this set up. With a little practice, the 19.5 glock will make you look like a "stand out"marksman at the range when shooting steel plates. I also have a Glock 19.5 with iron sights...it to is very accurate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220402_083747-2334937.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_170948-2274658.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220210_171534-2274657.jpg
View Quote

@TW200 what holster is that?  Looks like safariland, got a model number?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:11:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#6]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:

@TW200 what holster is that?  Looks like safariland, got a model number?
View Quote

It's a Safariland ALS holster @Holdemdown
Great lock down retention with ALS..."Automatic Locking System" super duper fast draw. Pull the lever and the Glock almost jumps into your hand when drawing. Even the RDS has a protective retractable hood. Sweet rig.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]

It's a Safariland ALS holster @Holdemdown
Great lock down retention with ALS..."Automatic Locking System" super duper fast draw. Pull the lever and the Glock almost jumps into your hand when drawing. Even the RDS has a protective retractable hood. Sweet rig.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220404_063655-2337164.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20220404_063636-2337165.jpg
View Quote

Great holster.

Really hoping Safariland makes a model specifically for GIock 19/45 with TRL-7 sized WML
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Since I can't seem to leave anything alone, I've swapped optics around.  Recently bought the SRO for the Staccato but ended up moving it to the DW and giving the MPS a shot on the Staccato.  Originally had RMRs on both guns.  Really liking the MPS so far.  The window isn't as large as the SRO, but it's larger the 507c and way larger than the RMR.  Has a slight blue tint, but nothing like the RMR.  The only downside to the MPS is that it only has 6 daytime brightness adjustments.  Shooting it indoors, I felt that there was a jump in brightness.  One setting was a bit too dim, but the next step was a bit too bright.  I'll have to see how it performs outdoors.  So far I'd say SRO > MPS > 507c > RMR.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The LTT is embarrassingly good.

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:56:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#11]
Whoops
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Just put this together.

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 5:39:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#13]
Looking to get my first optic. Should I wait for the Holosun EPS? Or get the 508 now?

This will be going on a M&P 5”
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Since I can't seem to leave anything alone, I've swapped optics around.  Recently bought the SRO for the Staccato but ended up moving it to the DW and giving the MPS a shot on the Staccato.  Originally had RMRs on both guns.  Really liking the MPS so far.  The window isn't as large as the SRO, but it's larger the 507c and way larger than the RMR.  Has a slight blue tint, but nothing like the RMR.  The only downside to the MPS is that it only has 6 daytime brightness adjustments.  Shooting it indoors, I felt that there was a jump in brightness.  One setting was a bit too dim, but the next step was a bit too bright.  I'll have to see how it performs outdoors.  So far I'd say SRO > MPS > 507c > RMR.  

https://i.imgur.com/mgXLHMBh.jpg
View Quote

Who did the cut on the dw?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:50:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wetfuego] [#15]
Originally Posted By pfitter:

Who did the cut on the dw?
View Quote

Vulcan Machine Werks.  They also cut my 226, definitely recommend them.

Had an opportunity to shoot the MPS outdoors.  The brightness settings were good and I felt that they increased in good increments (no dim to super bright jumps).  I'm really liking it.  I had originally planned on swapping it for a P2 but now I'm not so sure (especially since the P2 has a smaller window).
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks. Was looking into nighthawk and dw optic cut plate system but will add Vulcan to the list. Pretty much decided on the Sro due to large sight picture.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Planning on adding a dot to my woods carry 686+.  I use a chest holster and am a little concerned about winter carry.  Anyone ever have the lens or emitter load up with snow/ice and become unusable? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Planning on adding a dot to my woods carry 686+.  I use a chest holster and am a little concerned about winter carry.  Anyone ever have the lens or emitter load up with snow/ice and become unusable? Thanks
View Quote

Had my dot guns in duty Rigs in a fair bit of snow over the last five years and it's never been an issue. Granted there were hood covers on most of those holsters. It's even less of a concern/issue with an enclosed emmiter sight. I run the 509T, but there are plenty of options now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#19]
It’s here!!!

cp

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Back in the Staccato game.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone tried an Ameriglos Haven RDS?

Philippines made, considering one for a budget pistol RDS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

View Quote
For the msrp ($379) id go with a proven design

Shoot, you can get rmr type 2 on the EE around that price.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

$270 actual price at Brownell’s
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Man I'd try a Holosun
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Man I'd try a Holosun
View Quote

I'd agree.  I just got a 507C-X2 from Primary Arms for $275 Shipped.  And these have a proven track record.  PA has a 12% off sale about every 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#27]
RMR or Holosun
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Traded a member here for this 19.5 mos. Ordered a forward control designs RMR plate and got the whole thing put together. The plate fit snug on the pistol and the RMR took a couple gentle taps with a rubber hammer to seat into place. Feels super solid and drawing from holster the dot is in the window without me searching for it so hopefully the learning curve doesn’t take too long.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Romeo2 Initial impressions - shooting

I had the opportunity over the weekend to run this thing through some courses of fire. I made some observations that I will note below and try and match up pics best I can.

First is the battery access discussed above. Several people have IMd me about this.
Battery access is on the right side

Access is gained by pressing the small recessed bottom on right rear corner of optic. This button is not easy to push and I do not believe there is any way to “accidentally” push it.

The battery does not “spring out”. There is a slot under the compartment that you can get you finger nail in or a small screw driver, and you have to pull it out once you push the button. When reseating it, there is an audible click when it is back in place.

Shooting:
Glass is clear and it very much resembles the Romeo1Pro / DPP but the window is a bit shorter. The bevel in the glass along the top curvature, as I mentioned above was a bit distracting at first but the more I shot the less I noticed it. I am sure this has something to do with the increased ruggedness of the sight.
Two things of note. In the first pic note the notch below the glass and above the slot. This is designed to hold a small “L” shaped plastic piece meant to divert gas/ carbon away from the front lens that may escape through guns equipped with an LCI.
My Gun does not have an LCI but I was thinking about installing anyway just to see if it helped no LCI guns as well. It is held in place by the shroud bar used to attach the shroud also visible in pic. In the end I didn’t install it yet because I wanted to see if, and how much carbon I was going to get.

Note in this next pic how far back the sight sits from the chamber. Both the above pic and below pic were taken Post 500 rounds of M855 ball ammo. While this is generally pretty clean for Winchester ammo, it is also pretty hot. I had no, zero, carbon build up through the initial testing. I didn’t have any other ammo to test though so your results may vary.

Last pic is an attempt to show what it looks like for the firer. This is a hard pic to take and truly doesn’t ever take to good. But you get the idea.

Note on the full shroud. I installed the full shroud in a created dry environment (Aaron Cowen) suggested this in his video. I used a space heater to dry everything out and slightly heat the parts and installed them. I did not coat any glass with anti-fog coatings. I wanted to see what would happen over time. Conditions this weekend was warm and wet on Saturday around 65 and humid. Sunday the temp. Dropped to 40 and it was raining all damn day ( welcome to spring in Ohio) . I had no fogging inside the optic that I could see.

All in all, it’s an RDS. Nothing magical about it ……. But…. It does give the shooter options and does fill the void that I saw between crisp clear optics and rugged optics. I like choices. I can go no shroud, half shroud, or bulletproof full shroud and closed emitter option. Does it cost more? Yes. But in my opinion you get more too. Worth it? I can’t tell you that. I can tell you it is worth it to me.

Open to your questions!

Chuck
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:
Open to your questions!
View Quote

What are your thoughts on the integral rear iron sight?  Is it usable as a standalone or would you still want to run a separate rear iron?

I didn't even know this existed so thanks for posting your impressions.  Just watched Aaron's review as well and I'm really surprised a DIY housing actually works, that's an incredibly cool design.  Between this, SCS, P2, MPS, EFLX there are a ton of new options this year.  I need to buy more tupperware so I can try some of them out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SquibLord:

What are your thoughts on the integral rear iron sight?  Is it usable as a standalone or would you still want to run a separate rear iron?

I didn't even know this existed so thanks for posting your impressions.  Just watched Aaron's review as well and I'm really surprised a DIY housing actually works, that's an incredibly cool design.  Between this, SCS, P2, MPS, EFLX there are a ton of new options this year.  I need to buy more tupperware so I can try some of them out.
View Quote

I have one cut into my Romeo 1 Pro on my 320 X-five.  Mine was good enough at 10 yards when I used my irons.  IIRC, it was shooting just a little low.  And the Romeo isn't cut as deep as the one above.  I think a stand alone rear would be more useable.  And some of these optic sights with cut rears may or may not work with your particular front sight.  

I think it falls under the "try & buy" for your particular gun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

I have one cut into my Romeo 1 Pro on my 320 X-five.  Mine was good enough at 10 yards when I used my irons.  IIRC, it was shooting just a little low.  And the Romeo isn't cut as deep as the one above.  I think a stand alone rear would be more useable.  And some of these optic sights with cut rears may or may not work with your particular front sight.  

I think it falls under the "try & buy" for your particular gun.
View Quote

I may have missed it, but is this a direct mount to Sig slides? I’m thinking of going with a DPP for my XCompact.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:

I may have missed it, but is this a direct mount to Sig slides? I’m thinking of going with a DPP for my XCompact.
View Quote

Yes.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcculver5] [#34]
I bought one of thos PSA g19 slides and a swampfox justice.

200 rounds and no issues.  Not many rounds, but both work good so far.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SquibLord:

View Quote

Rear sight of the Romeo2 will do the job but it is designed to work with the Sig Suppressor height front sight. I have XRAY3’s on mine.
That being said; I am still not convinced that BUIS are worth a shit anyway in an oh shit situation. There are alternate aiming methods with any pistol. But if that’s your stick then a set of XRAY3 super talls will fit the bill.

Most of the sights you listed there, I can’t comment on because I have never used them. But it’s always good to have options and it is a sign of the times. Just watch out for junk.
Cp
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

I just finished putting this together.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Just added the Talon "Pro" grip tape.

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Been watching this thread for a long time.  Finally put a Holosun 507c on my 686 using than Allchin mount.  Everything mounted up fine, but I've run out of elevation adjustment.  Still about 3 inches high at 20 yards.  Have a shim ordered, but still.  Anyone else ever run into this problem?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#39]
This will be the next one to get an RMR if I can find a shop that mills them.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#40]
Going to go shoot these on Monday.  

I added a Comp to my Shadow Systems MR920 and need to see if I can feel any difference in recoil when shooting.  The threaded barrel came from Primary Arms for $60, and the comp off ebay for $35 if anyone wants to try this on the cheaps.

I liked my X-Five Legion so much, it was time to pick-up a P320. I also picked-up an RDS slide to give me the option of RDS or irons.  I love the versatility of these guns.

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Man I'd try a Holosun
View Quote

Advice taken.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#42]
That looks excellent.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:27:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#43]
@Henny inspired me to test out rumble. Took 1 min to upload this via web interface.  Pretty snappy and non-YT.

Stock Gen 5 (aside from milled RMR) at reduced c zone steel
at 50Y out of concealed appendix. This was earlier this year. Was making consistent hits at these times (2.3-2.4 first hit).  Also did it with mp shield (irons), but times were longer.

Single plane aiming is a thing.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Been watching this thread for a long time.  Finally put a Holosun 507c on my 686 using than Allchin mount.  Everything mounted up fine, but I've run out of elevation adjustment.  Still about 3 inches high at 20 yards.  Have a shim ordered, but still.  Anyone else ever run into this problem?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220414_111616_jpg-2358915.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/20220414_111636_jpg-2358916.JPG
View Quote

That's pretty cool!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Henny] [#45]
@Henny inspired me to test out rumble. Took 1 min to upload this via web interface.  Pretty snappy and non-YT.

Stock Gen 5 (aside from milled RMR) at reduced c zone steel
at 50Y out of concealed appendix. This was earlier this year. Was making consistent hits at these times (2.3-2.4 first hit).  Also did it with mp shield (irons), but times were longer.

Single plane aiming is a thing.

View Quote

Hell yes!  Now we’re talking!

Attachment Attached File

Yeah Rumble isn’t a “big guy” but it works better than YT!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:19:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#46]
So @Holdemdown mentioned this to me, which I was unaware.

In general, I'm still a big fan of the RMR Type 2 and personally don't see enclosed emitter as a really big deal, as evidenced by the water tests (see link at bottom of OP). The type 2 RMR has been the gold standard for a long time - they are tough and have seen broad use.  That said, I am not opposed to Holosun and have one of their T1 clones on a rifle I love.  The incremental benefits of their pistol optics are starting to add up.

This new EPS looks neat - Link
- RMR footprint
- Larger Window
- Solar Backup
- Enclosed Emitter
- Shake awake
- Replaceable battery
- Low profile base allowing use standard iron sights. This is a big deal as the lower the red dot, the easier it is to pick up, IMO.

Now, 1 or 2 of these things dont really move me, but 5-6 small improvements are starting to add up.  My carry guns will keep an RMR but I might need to get one of these to try out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I ran into the same problem when I mounted a 507c to my 686.  I was going to shim it, but I had a RMR laying around so I decided to try that.  The RMR has enough adjustment to get it zeroed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Fooboy, I am impatiently waiting for Holosun to release them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Completely new to pistol optics.  

I have a PSA Dagger SW1 extreme carry slide with Docter cut optics footprint.  

Does the optics cut dictate what optics I need to look for? Or is it all about finding the right adapter plate?

I'm trying to keep optic cost under $200, I just don't know what I'm doing to get everything to match up.  

And if it's all about the adapter, what adapter would I need?
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By HellSpork:
Completely new to pistol optics.  

I have a PSA Dagger SW1 extreme carry slide with Docter cut optics footprint.  

Does the optics cut dictate what optics I need to look for? Or is it all about finding the right adapter plate?

I'm trying to keep optic cost under $200, I just don't know what I'm doing to get everything to match up.  

And if it's all about the adapter, what adapter would I need?
View Quote

It does. Your Doctor cut will fit optics like the Burris Fastfire III, J-Point and I think the Vortex Venom.

The RMR cut will obviously fit RMRs, but also the SRO and Holosun 403/503.
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top