Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 7:01:27 PM EDT
Just got it tonight paid 350 dollars its two years old made in Beluim and looks like new not a mark on it.The guy I bought it from said he had Novaks remove the mag safety, I think thats what he called it so the gun will fire without the mag in it.He said it helps the trigger pull to.I thought the trigger was real good,anything I should upgraid on it before I SHOOT THE SNOT OUT OF IT!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to the range Saturday!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
In general the mkIII is a great pistol.
Removing the magazine safety does indeed improve the trigger pull.
As far as upgrades....sights.
Any quality nightsights will do.I prefer the Wilson Nite-eyes on hi-powers.
You may also consider a commander style hammer if you suffer from hammer bite.I do,in fact I have a prominent permanent scar from shooting hi-powers. :)
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
If its all Belgium made, its pre '89...more desirable than the Belgium made/Portugal assembled ones. Nice gun, good price.  I take the mag safeties from mine too, really helps the let off.  Thanks Bigbuckslayer, now we all have to wait to see how it shoots. As far as hammer bite, my rounded hammer merely stings a little bit, no biggy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Oops,my bad it is Belgium made assembled in Portugal.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Took it to the range Sat,used fmj and hollow points,reloads and factory ammo.Shot about a hundred rounds with no failures of any kind,mostly shot at 25 yards and was able to keep most shots in an eight inch circle which is good for me as I`m no expert also shot at hundred yards at some two liter coke bottles and did manage get a few hits.  I LIKE IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Marklll that was new in the box at a gun show about 2 months ago and I think this is the finest 9mm gun I have ever owned, and these guns have great eye appeal and shoot VERY strait. I bought some spegal grips for it and 2 SA KRD 17 round mags for it and a couple 13 rd pre ban Browning mags for it also. The mark111s will eat anything you feed them. Keep us updated on you HP. John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top