BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The P7 was delayed-blowback though which is why it wasn't god awful huge like a Hi-Point and didn't have a ton of recoil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK and Hi-Point made commercial available blowback 9mm pistols.
The P7 was delayed-blowback though which is why it wasn't god awful huge like a Hi-Point and didn't have a ton of recoil.
The VP70 sure was a big SOB.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a PPK inter arms gun back around 1974 it worked with ball ammo , also a few months ago I had a still new Mauser HSC 1 of 5000 in box all papers for 325 in my hand at a gun shop and left with out it . I kick myself .
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've kinka skimmed this thread so if it's already been posted I apologize.

I've seen somewhere that the lack of PP's, PPK/S's, and PPK's seems to be a licensing problem between Walther Europe and Walther USA.  I hope they get it worked out.  While outdated I still won't part with my Interarms SS PPK.  It's big and heavy for a modern .380 in comparison to modern 9mm's but mine is still a beautifully well made pistol of the like you don't see enough of today.  It's also been reliable with anything I've run through it.

I'd hate to see them go the way of the 3rd generation Smiths.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I still see some at Phoenix gun shows, not bucket loads and they aren't cheap, but they are there.

.32 guns are the ones to get, the design never really liked the transition to .380.  For us local guys, back when Mandalls was around, I would have the gunsmith fix something on it, go downstairs to shoot, something else broke and I would go back upstairs, lol...  two round trips.

The one I own now is a PP so not sure we are also including those in this discussion.  PP, PPK or PPK/S its not really something you want to CCW in this day and age anyway.  There are all collector / range pieces these days.  And these days, new guns are cheap, old guns are expensive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a S&W .380 that was finicky until I replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one. That made reliability excellent and recoil much more reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  Pure and simple.
View Quote
I had a blued S&W PPK in .380 ACP.

I have to say it was by far the most poorly made piece of junk pistol I've ever seen.  The hammer pin was drilled off center, so the hammer would drag on the frame as it moved.  After that smoothed out it usually wouldn't fire in double action, and sometimes in single action.  I think the firing pin was probably too short.  Also it had major feeding problems.  Usually you couldn't get it to chamber a round by hand cycling, and there were plenty of failures to feed at the range too.

I sent it back to them twice.  It was so bad they kept it and sent me a new one.  I honestly couldn't get the replacement one to chamber a round at all.  As in you insert a loaded mag, rack the slide, and it would jam.

The so-called "great S&W customer service" took the better part of a year each time to get to it.

Subsequently I bought a Manurhin .32 PPK and it is 100%.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad has a PPK/S from Interarms. I think he got it in 1981. It's beautifully made, but the few times I've shot it, it stovepiped at least once per magazine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to get spammed from classic firearms about some pps type things. Maybe they still have some?

ETA I read pps instead of ppk. I'm just waking up..
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd really like to get my PPK/S barrel threaded. It sits in the safe 100% of the time these days.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one of these last year just for fun and to have a PPK in the safe. Fun to shoot. Scratches the Walther itch for me at least. Shoots well with mini-mags.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a German August Menz Model II in 7.65 that my father brought home from the war, it has the original holster and mags. My mother told me that my father took it off of a German General.

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a German August Menz Model II in 7.65 that my father brought home from the war, it has the original holster and mags. My mother told me that my father took it off of a German General.

http://i65.tinypic.com/34yy2o1.jpg
View Quote
Every pistol that came back with a GI was taken from a German general staff officer...

NO offense sir, but like we say, buy the gun, not the story. That is a fairly rare pistol in any case.  A near external copy of the Walther Model 4, but with differences in the mechanism.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Every pistol that came back with a GI was taken from a German general staff officer...

NO offense sir, but like we say, buy the gun, not the story. That is a fairly rare pistol in any case.  A near external copy of the Walther Model 4, but with differences in the mechanism.
View Quote
No offense taken sir. But a little backstory... my father entered VMI at 16 and at that time was the youngest man to ever enter VMI. He made the Den's List all four years. My great, great etc. grandfather was Artemus Ward, first Commander of the Revolutionary Troops, and then Second in Command when George Washington took over. My father was a tank commander in WWII, he received two Purple Hearts and was only allowed to stay in the war because a classmate that he helped with his math classes at VMI was the son of a General. The boy's father pulled some strings so that my father could stay in the war and fight for his Country. My mother's direct relative is Gen. George Marshall, who created the "Marshall Plan" for the reconstruction of Europe. Neither my father nor my mother were ever known to lie, so I believe her. He also brought home a P38 with original Holster and mag (which was stolen from me by a my mother's friend's son and sold at a gun show for $100 minus the holster. I sold that years later for $350). A Luger with original holster and serialized mag, and the Menz 7.65 with original holster. I still have the Luger and Menz and will pass them down to my daughter when the time comes.

Gen. George Marshall
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.

Thanks for the family history.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He made the Den's List all four years.
View Quote
What Pack was he in?

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What Pack was he in?

View Quote
I do not know the Pack, he was Captain of the Jump Team and Class of 38.

Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
HK and Hi-Point made commercial available blowback 9mm pistols.
Love mine, that slim 18 round grip is the tits
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought one of these last year just for fun and to have a PPK in the safe. Fun to shoot. Scratches the Walther itch for me at least. Shoots well with mini-mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
With the suppressor on there it shoots anything I put in it. Dunno about without it as I have never shot it without it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
@blitzpig. No Model 4 I’ve ever seen....

Here is my model 4, East German PP, and a Ranger PPK

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Other guns on the market included the Makarov and CZ82, which cost far less and filled the demand for such guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Smith and Wesson models sucked.  The originals were kind of ammo sensitive

They are heavy for concealed carry, compared to other guns on the market

Plus they are stupid expensive now.
Other guns on the market included the Makarov and CZ82, which cost far less and filled the demand for such guns.
You put a ppk/s and a East German mac side by side, I’m taking the Mac every time. Feels better to shoot, more accurate and has a slide lock.
Better gun and cheaper
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Walther is making the ppk again , should have shipped last month but there was some delay ?  I called walther today to order a replacement set of grips and the rep said they will be on shelves soon , whatever that means. I already have 4 ppk’s so don’t need another.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You put a ppk/s and a East German mac side by side, I’m taking the Mac every time. Feels better to shoot, more accurate and has a slide lock.
Better gun and cheaper
View Quote
CZ82 is even better
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
You are quite correct sir. Not a visual Number 4 clone. Much more like a Model 9.

My knowledge of the pre PP series is a bit wanting I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You are quite correct sir. Not a visual Number 4 clone. Much more like a Model 9.

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/3489/816AEL.jpg

My knowledge of the pre PP series is a bit wanting I'm afraid.
View Quote
I was just being a jerk @blitzpig. Just wanted to show of my model 4. It’s the only left hand (eject) pistol I own!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
No problem.  BTW you need some more left hand ejectors. Say a P.38. P1, or P5 perhaps?

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Walther is making the ppk again , should have shipped last month but there was some delay ?
View Quote
That is my understanding as well. I saw a post in the Walther forum saying they would be shipping in December so I did some research of my own. I came upon this video in which a rep said that they would ship in December.

https://youtu.be/MeeAWbITxJ4
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top