Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2001 5:38:47 PM EDT
www.sltrib.com/2001/oct/10142001/commenta/139919.htm

Just read this in the news section and could not stop laughing. The only thing i can think is "lambs to the slaughter" I find it impossible to believe that an actual human being could write that tripe and believe it. If they think violence is a social disease then i want what there having cause it's causing some serious hallucinations. These people are calling felons "burglars" as uninvited guests. If that is not understatement then what is. I think things will change once these signs go up and the criminals see these as welcome signs.

makes me want to....
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 6:33:33 PM EDT
I read that yesterday. I would like to see this when it happens. Maybe the paper should post a picture of this. Something makes me think that the person writing it probably lives in a gated community or something of that nature.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:59:08 PM EDT
I hope these people have thier insurance paid up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:40:04 AM EDT
quote - "Furthermore, modern weaponry lends indifference with no better an outlet with the excessive ease with which one can thoughtlessly pull a trigger. It takes an entirely more bloodthirsty individual to settle a dispute by smashing in someone's jaw, face down in a gutter, than someone who participates in a cowardly drive-by shooting. We should not kid ourselves: Technology certainly does kill, because the possibility of committing horrible violence is opened up to people who aren't necessarily themselves violent. "
SOOO We go backwards to the days when it was all settled hand-to-hand? I think what Giles is really telling us is that firearms intimidate him, but he holds this deep-seated urge to cave in someone's skull in the gutter of a dark street. OR perhaps to lure them into his friendly, open home where he will bind them and remove them to his torture chamber downstairs. WHIPS, CHAINS, RED-HOT POKERS!
WOW! I almost got carried away with 'ole Giles.

It's late, I needed something to do!
WSmac
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:37:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Something makes me think that the person writing it probably lives in a gated community or something of that nature.

Yeah, can you say nut house? My head hurt from reading that non-sense. After the initial laugh, I couldn't believe that idiot was serious!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 1:05:25 PM EDT
yea at first i thought it was a joke too..then i read on and when i figured out it was serious i became ill..to think these jokers actually took this challenge seriously is beyond me. To blame it on social ill's and call it a disease and that we are socially neglect is just a joke. I can't wait til he becomes victimized and we'll see how much brotherly love he has and how willing he is to call a felon an "uninvited guest"..we'll see how his proactive nonagression works when someone is raping his wife or daughter...

rant mode off...
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 10:37:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vortac:
we'll see how his proactive nonagression works when someone is raping his wife or daughter...

rant mode off...

He will be 'proactively nonviolent', whatever the hell that is. Can't you just see him spouting this crap as some street thug is backing him into some dark alley. I love 'this home is protected by proactive nonviolence'. It might drive off potential burglars because they are laughing so hard or maybe they think he is too wierd to bother with.

People like this, with their compassion for criminals, is one reason we have the crime we do. These people blame the actions of thugs on society and say we should show compassion. Why would criminals fear being punished under those circumstances. These are the same people who hold legal gun owners in more contempt than they do convicted violent felons.

Is this serious? I hope not.

The message which an uninvited guest delivers when they break into our home is that our social responsibilities need tending to. Unfortunately, at this point the crisis has already arrived. If we silence forever that intruder with a bullet because we were "left with no choice," the facade of security bestowed by the firearm reveals a grave powerlessness: victimized once by the intruder, and again by being backed into the position of taking the life of another.

I loved his comment about 'legal murder'. That's an oxymoron.
Top Top