Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 9:17:03 PM EDT
So seems the new 9c is pretty popular. Only one I can find is the one with thumb safety. Per my understanding removing one is simple, doesn't affect the trigger at all, and just needs a plug. Is that correct? Last MP I saw had no safety but a plug from the factory where the thumb safety was supposed to  be. Just wanted to make sure same thing on the 2.0.

Btw if you have the new compact 9c feel free to discuss what you think.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several videos on youtube.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it to my 45c. No change to the trigger. Back then, I contacted Smith cust service, told them I had stripped my 45c and lost the plugs. They sent me new ones.......heard they got wise to that and won’t do that anymore.....
The 2.0 9c I just got last week has no external safety, has the plugs. LGS had 3 left, 2 with safety and 1 without. I snagged the one without. Shot it today, 50 rounds only plus a mag full of Hornady Crit Defense, zero issues and accurate.

Edit: I stand corrected on the Smith does not provide the plugs anymore
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I pulled the safety out of my M&P9 FDE, told S&W and they sent me plugs for free.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I pulled the safety out of my M&P9 FDE, told S&W and they sent me plugs for free.
View Quote
I did the same thing and then sold my safety and detent on ebay for $25.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did the same thing and then sold my safety and detent on ebay for $25.
View Quote
Nice, I'm going to have to try that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It's such a popular pistol first I'd see if anyone close to me would like to trade pistols... Both of my M&P had no safeties. But I did a lot of trigger bar work for shorter trigger breaks and installed the Apex triggers, RAM's, and USB... The M&P trigger system is so easy to work on you'd almost have to be a buffoon to screw it up OP. Call Smith, have them send the plug and watch a couple of YouTube videos on how to remove the safety and install the plug. All you need is a good work area, a Derlin/Rubber "Smith" hammer, and a set of punches. Amazon has all you need!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you buy it yet?

I picked this up 3 weeks ago arrived in 3 days to my FFL.
Here

ETA: Select warehouse D, $379 w/free shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top