Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2017 10:51:07 AM EDT
Looking for recommendations. Close to body, sits higher. I prefer paddle because my gun belt is a bit thick and harder to get through most loops. I've had a lot of holsters and almost always get one with crap retention. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
These are great.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are great.
View Quote
Unfortunately those style of belt loops don't work with my belt. Need paddle or tech lok
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
A paddle holster is probably the most unsecure holster you could use. Paddle holsters should really only be used for quick on/off situations, like working around your property and wearing inside the house. Paddle holster is really not a safe carry method. Not only is your pistol fully exposed, it's also extremely easy to snatch your weapon by snapping the holster right off your body.
If you really want to carry OWB you should go with a holster that will be secure on a belt with a snap closure for better retention. not saying it's a must, it's just a more responsible method of carry.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A paddle holster is probably the most unsecure holster you could use. Paddle holsters should really only be used for quick on/off situations, like working around your property and wearing inside the house. Paddle holster is really not a safe carry method. Not only is your pistol fully exposed, it's also extremely easy to snatch your weapon by snapping the holster right off your body.
If you really want to carry OWB you should go with a holster that will be secure on a belt with a snap closure for better retention. not saying it's a must, it's just a more responsible method of carry.
View Quote
I appreciate the info., but I am aware. This is for when I'm out on the property during deer season
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock sport combat.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a couple cheap Fobus paddle holsters that hang on so tight I have to unfasten my belt and pants to get them off.  They aren't what I use out in public, just when I'm in the woods or at the ranch or working around the house and don't want to soak my usual IWB holster in sweat.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Glock sport combat.
View Quote
Already got one. Don't fit my belt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top