Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2017 5:28:26 PM EDT
New on Brownells:
Here

Looks the same with new texture and I assume M2.0 trigger.  Models with a Crimson Trace Laser as well.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Liked my Shield 45 so much, I sold my Shield 9 in anticipation of the new version almost a year ago now.  Maybe I will wait though and see if they do a rebate...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#2]
They need to quit fluffing off and get the core performance center 2.0 on the market.

Why they feel the need to make all the guns that probably sell best first is beyond me i want the one i want.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I really don't understand Smith's fascination with miniature serrations on the front of the slide.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really don't understand Smith's fascination with miniature serrations on the front of the slide.
View Quote
I use it as a press check. Very handy imo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Liked my Shield 45 so much, I sold my Shield 9 in anticipation of the new version almost a year ago now.  Maybe I will wait though and see if they do a rebate...
View Quote
 I like my .45 shield to.  7 rounds magazine in a small packages is hard not to like. Like you I'll wait for a rebate of some kind before picking 9mm up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That 2.0 texture is awesome in hand but does not sound particularly pleasant against bare skin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh... About as "revolutionary" as Glock's Gen5 offerings

Sad really, all the hype for absolutely nothing...
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked my .45 Shield so much that I bought the ported PC 9mm. I already have a great trigger, but the grip could be more aggressive. Both had the low price and the $75 rebate, so I am happy with them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I did the same. 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
eh, ill keep my original shield 9. I kick myself regularly not getting in on the PSA Shield 45 deal for like $275 and then rebate months ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
GLWT

The rebates were created to clear out existing stock of v 1.0.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That 2.0 texture is awesome in hand but does not sound particularly pleasant against bare skin.
View Quote
I agree the textures have great feel in my hand but not on carry skin. With that said i owb carry and don't feel it rubbing on my skin.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, I gotta ask then - what would be up to your level of hype?  I see this come up on all these new offerings, and just can't understand this logic.  

A better trigger with an improved reset, aggressive texture, front serrations aren't enough? Compared to a Gen 1 shield- I think they packed in a bunch of improvement.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

GLWT

The rebates were created to clear out existing stock of v 1.0.
View Quote
Probably in part, but they had rebates on other lines as well that did not just get an update.  I am in no rush and now we know how low they can go.  Carried the 45, never carried the 9, so I can wait.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Just spent $180 less on a gen 1.  I wish I had gotten in on the rebate, but that was at wedding time and couldn't spare the funds.  Now, dual income and we are buying guns like crazy
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok, I gotta ask then - what would be up to your level of hype?  I see this come up on all these new offerings, and just can't understand this logic.  

A better trigger with an improved reset, aggressive texture, front serrations aren't enough? Compared to a Gen 1 shield- I think they packed in a bunch of improvement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, for starts they could have actually put a good trigger in the gun, not just polished the same turd and called it "better".  The M&P 2.0 I handled did not feel that much different than the original.  Still a mushy break, which was my problem with the 1.0, not the reset.  

Second, the front serrations are a joke... That little quarter inch tall strip of six measly serrations is nothing to get excited about.

The only real noteworthy improvement is the grip texture. I do like that a lot.

My point was, all the changes implemented could have just been in the form of technical changes on the Shield production line.  There is nothing "2.0" about it, just a few minor improvements.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is why I sanded down the left side of the grip on my 45 Shield a bit. The rough texture on the other side, back strap, and front are more than enough for a secure grip.

I also fixed the slide release so it can be released one handed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
yup
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup
To be fair we knew what the 2.0 would be. It’s a good gun. Why change it much?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top