Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 9:47:59 PM EDT
I would really like to add a small compact light to my daily carry.  I carry a gen4 G19 in a G-Code Incog IWB holster at around the 3:30.  The Surefire XC1 looks nice but damn is that expensive for what it is.  The Inforce APLc appears to be the best bet for the money.  Does anyone carry with one of these?  What is the best IWB holster that would be compatible?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would really like to add a small compact light to my daily carry.  I carry a gen4 G19 in a G-Code Incog IWB holster at around the 3:30.  The Surefire XC1 looks nice but damn is that expensive for what it is.  The Inforce APLc appears to be the best bet for the money.  Does anyone carry with one of these?  What is the best IWB holster that would be compatible?

Thanks
View Quote

I dont carry a light but I usually carry Crossbreed and they ask you what light and optic you have when you order.

I am sure other manufacturers give thise customizations as well.

On a related note I would not go cheap. Here is an article about optics.... I think the general argument still applies to a light:

Do not buy a cheap red dot sight
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dont carry a light but I usually carry Crossbreed and they ask you what light and optic you have when you order.

I am sure other manufacturers give thise customizations as well.

On a related note I would not go cheap. Here is an article about optics.... I think the general argument still applies to a light:

Do not buy a cheap red dot sight
View Quote
Ahh yes, Crossbreed.  Thanks for the reminder.  I used to carry with one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
JM Custom Kydex.  

I have an IWB #3 on order for a Glock 19 w/ X300U-A.     25 degree cant.  I expect it to be pretty uncomfortable, but I don't plan on using it a lot.  I've carried a 34 in one quite a bit and it's a super good holster.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how well this Crossbreed would work at the 3:30.  The holster I use now only has one clip and it works fine.

The Streamlight TLR-6 is another option.  Forgot about that one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry a G19 with the XC1 in a G-code eclipse.  Love the setup and cannot wait to see the new XC1b coming out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody carry with the Crossbreed Freedom Carry IWB?  Does it stay secure with a good belt?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Carry a small handheld. Much more useful in real life.  I had a X300 on my G22 for 6 months of IWB carry.  While it was fine, didn't notice much difference in weight, I used it zero times.
I had a Kydex made for it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Carry a small handheld. Much more useful in real life.  I had a X300 on my G22 for 6 months of IWB carry.  While it was fine, didn't notice much difference in weight, I used it zero times.
I had a Kydex made for it.
View Quote
Already have a small handheld.  It fills a totally different role.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
At this point I think I decided on the Streamlight TLR-6 and Crossbreed Freedom Carry.  Both legit companies and I watched videos and read reviews for both.  

Thanks everybody!
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At this point I think I decided on the Streamlight TLR-6 and Crossbreed Freedom Carry.  Both legit companies and I watched videos and read reviews for both.  

Thanks everybody!
View Quote
My tlr 6 cracked. It still works but the lazers zero wanders. Which is fine. I just wanted the light.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I carry a FS M&P with a TLR1 in a Peters IWB when I'm not at work.

Not my pic, but same set up
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My tlr 6 cracked. It still works but the lazers zero wanders. Which is fine. I just wanted the light.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just from regular shooting or did it get damaged somehow?  Yeah, I don't care about the laser either.

Quoted:
I carry a FS M&P with a TLR1 in a Peters IWB when I'm not at work.

Not my pic, but same set up
https://gunbot.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/wp_000423.jpg
A few years ago I tried carrying IWB with a full size light (TLR-1).  It was just too much.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Finished this up over the weekend for the APLc. Carries pretty nicely and don't notice much difference compared to my other aiwb holster with no light. The x300u and tlr1-hl were a little too big for me appendix so I opted for the APLc, though you do take the hit in lumens.

Made this for a G19 in G17 length as I plan on getting one of the fancy mayhem syndicate comps

Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Yhe XC-1 is really nice. It feels like you don't even have a light on when you are carrying. I sold it and got a TLR-1HL because I felt that the XC-1 was too underpowered, but I sort of regret it since the TLR-1is just so damn big.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't why people are saying the TLR-1 is too big

I carry a G19 OWB every day. Two factors make all the difference; most people are too busy with their own lives to notice what is under your clothes (unless you are a big breasted woman), and choosing the right shirts.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I carry a G19 OWB every day. Two factors make all the difference; most people are too busy with their own lives to notice what is under your clothes (unless you are a big breasted woman), and choosing the right shirts.
View Quote
I have a OWB full size M&P9 setup with TLR-1 also but I rarely carry it anymore.  I understand your points and I used to carry it all the time but I have moved to a more compact IWB setup.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:34:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I carry an XDM 3.8" with Viridian C5L light/laser on it (they make a cheaper one with just the light and no laser) in a Galco King Tuk IWB (same design as crossbreed). I like the Viridian unit because it doesn't stick out past the barrel of the pistol, and it's so small I don't even notice a difference carrying. It's not 1,000 lumens, but it's plenty bright for target identification at pistol distances, and bright enough to mess with the night vision of anyone in front of it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its not that it prints any more than any other light, its a comfort thing. I prefer AIWB, so the length of the weapon really matters. The TLR-1 is just a bit too long, and is less comfortable than a G19 with no light or the XC-1 (which is the same length)
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yhe XC-1 is really nice. It feels like you don't even have a light on when you are carrying. I sold it and got a TLR-1HL because I felt that the XC-1 was too underpowered, but I sort of regret it since the TLR-1is just so damn big.
View Quote
I have both and is definitely a trade off size vs light emission.  I am wonder what the XC1b is going to change?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I had 3 xc1 lights fail on me. Surefire sent me New battery caps (were different style) and button covers (for both ends) most recently. The first time (light was in New stages) they sent me a new light. I'm assuming they know it was an issue. Great service and I think they are now fine. If you're buying, Arms unlimited is THE best deal.
That said and as soon as I returned from a class with xc1 failures i ordered the Inforce for Glock. It will ride in a TRex with sidecar (as my xc1 did). Initial impressions very nice with better light than xc1. I cannot tell a weight difference myself. It is light weight and more importantly not wider than the gun. Check out the Trex site for a light comparison.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I love my Stealth Gear
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a holster for a G19 with a surefire x400. Cleveland kydex. I think they had several other custom options.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have both and is definitely a trade off size vs light emission.  I am wonder what the XC1b is going to change?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Article I read says the battery cap is different, output is going from 200 lumens to 300 lumens, and the switches now do both constant on and momentary like the APL. Quick tap for constant or hold for momentary. I don’t like multifunction switches personally.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Article I read says the battery cap is different, output is going from 200 lumens to 300 lumens, and the switches now do both constant on and momentary like the APL. Quick tap for constant or hold for momentary. I don’t like multifunction switches personally.
View Quote
Kinky to article?  Got my attention....
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck, I guess I'm sticking with the original version. I hate multifunction switches. I like the way Streamlight handles the TLR-1
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinky here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Kinky here.
View Quote
Ha did not katch that.... Kinky
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I just ordered the new Olight Mini to test out. It’s a rechargeable light that puts out 400 lumens in a package near XC1 size. Paddles are multifunction () momentary and constant like the APL. The light charges through the same USB powered magnetic charging system as other Olight lights that’s been working well so far. I’m kinda standardizing on that system and figured I’d give this a try. Holsters will be the issue but a custom bender should be able to figure it out. If anyone cares I can do a follow up once I get to play with it.

Attachment Attached File

https://olightworld.com/led-flashlights/safety-and-self-defense/olight-pl-mini
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#29]
I carry a P320 compact with a TLR-6 in a Stealth Gear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just ordered the new Olight Mini to test out. It’s a rechargeable light that puts out 400 lumens in a package near XC1 size. Paddles are multifunction () momentary and constant like the APL. The light charges through the same USB powered magnetic charging system as other Olight lights that’s been working well so far. I’m kinda standardizing on that system and figured I’d give this a try. Holsters will be the issue but a custom bender should be able to figure it out. If anyone cares I can do a follow up once I get to play with it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/BDFBAA47-9D5B-47E9-9030-A8B55629C665-335766.JPG

View Quote
If you find a good IWB holster for that please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Contact KT Mech they seem to be willing to make anything by request.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Contact KT Mech they seem to be willing to make anything by request.
View Quote
I would love to avoid custom and I'd like a good comfortable IWB.  Those all look like kydex OBW.  

Maybe G Code will do a custom Incog..  

Thanks anyways.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#33]
The tlr6 was cracked by light usage. I don't really push my cw9 very hard.

Anyways. Check out m2 tactical. My buddy just became a dealer for them. He raves about them. I've only breafly looked at a few and thought they looked good. When I finally buy a inforce compact I'll probably order one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I would love to avoid custom and I'd like a good comfortable IWB.  Those all look like kydex OBW.  

Thanks anyways.
View Quote
I have several of their holsters and they make honestly top notch stuff and do not overcharge out the ass like some makers.  They make a IWB holster the Akela IWB.  

G-code will not do custom anything trust me on that one I have asked and they have great CS I have dealt with them asking 10 millions questions before buying (you can tell they actually read emails and fully answer questions unlike some who you can tell did not read your whole email).  They injection mold their holsters and while they are top quality they have very limited options and availabilities.  I like my G19\G43 holsters from them with the fuzz on them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The tlr6 was cracked by light usage. I don't really push my cw9 very hard.

Anyways. Check out m2 tactical. My buddy just became a dealer for them. He raves about them. I've only breafly looked at a few and thought they looked good. When I finally buy a inforce compact I'll probably order one.
View Quote
Last week my neighbor cracked his but it literally torqued the F out of his screws when putting it on and did it really uneven.  Mine has been fine but I tightened them down in an alternating pattern and did not torque the ever loving Hell out of mine like he did.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have several of their holsters and they make honestly top notch stuff and do not overcharge out the ass like some makers.  They make a IWB holster the Akela IWB.  

G-code will not do custom anything trust me on that one I have asked and they have great CS I have dealt with them asking 10 millions questions before buying (you can tell they actually read emails and fully answer questions unlike some who you can tell did not read your whole email).  They injection mold their holsters and while they are top quality they have very limited options and availabilities.  I like my G19\G43 holsters from them with the fuzz on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks anyways.

I emailed them last night and they just referred me to their light list or the universal holster.

FWIW I emailed goodmedicine on here also and he’s going to see what he can work up. It’s made as OWB (which I want) but it’ll take any of the IWB conversions out there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
KT Mech does appear to have a good IWB.  I emailed them about the APLc compatibility and they got back to me surprisingly fast.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]

P320c with a XC-1 in a Dara holster.  I love this rig.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/172095/BDFBAA47-9D5B-47E9-9030-A8B55629C665-335766.JPG

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/mwlm/

Olight has worked with these guys developing a holster so that’s the official recommendation for holsters. I’m still going to send this to goodmedicine 1) because he’s a vendor here 2) I think he’ll do me right and 3) he seems to look forward to the challenge of building a holster he’s never made before.

Just got the light in and will play with it tonight, right off I’m kinda annoyed that the magnetic charger polarity isn’t consistent between it and my other light. That means I’d have to keep two charger types in my backpack if I wanted to top this off outside of the house, not a huge issue but i would have liked my headlamp, handheld, and WML to all use the same charger.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I've carried my G21SF with a light IWB.
I was wearing my big boy pants though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://www.blackpointtactical.com/shop/mwlm/

Olight has worked with these guys developing a holster so that’s the official recommendation for holsters. I’m still going to send this to goodmedicine 1) because he’s a vendor here 2) I think he’ll do me right and 3) he seems to look forward to the challenge of building a holster he’s never made before.

Just got the light in and will play with it tonight, right off I’m kinda annoyed that the magnetic charger polarity isn’t consistent between it and my other light. That means I’d have to keep two charger types in my backpack if I wanted to top this off outside of the house, not a huge issue but i would have liked my headlamp, handheld, and WML to all use the same charger.
View Quote
Looks nice but $98.99.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#42]
I've never been able to CCW a pistol with a light because it is just so uncomfortable. Having big legs and trim waist makes for a horrible combo when trying to carry anything with extra bulk. To those that do, hat off to ya! I just carry in an M-Tac or an Azula holster now and keep an Inforce light handy and separate in my weak side pocket. It's worked nice so far!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

KT Mech does appear to have a good IWB.  I emailed them about the APLc compatibility and they got back to me surprisingly fast.
View Quote
I do not have one of their IWB but their OWB I have a few for my CZ pistols.  The build quality and finish shows they take pride in their work.  I have been happy with what I have received from them and the wait was not bad to get what I wanted.  The pricing is pretty reasonable for their products as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I do not have one of their IWB but their OWB I have a few for my CZ pistols.  The build quality and finish shows they take pride in their work.  I have been happy with what I have received from them and the wait was not bad to get what I wanted.  The pricing is pretty reasonable for their products as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the few ktmech holsters I have. Well made and fair priced
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top