Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 7:31:41 PM EDT

This is the pistol I've been waiting on for years. The trigger is very smooth and breaks nicely and the size is perfect.

The slide is barely shorter than the 4.25" gun but the grip difference is significant. So far I really like it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.......

I'm supposed to get to rent one of these and a p10c this weekend.
I'm curious to see if one of them is enough better to make me take the financial hit of changing guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have five M&Ps so this was almost a no brainier for me. I've owned a p10c but I never shot it. This is smaller all around than the p10c and p320c.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, in for the range report!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have five M&Ps so this was almost a no brainier for me. I've owned a p10c but I never shot it. This is smaller all around than the p10c and p320c.
View Quote
surprise to hear this is smaller than the p10c.

Hmmm I've been waiting to pick up a p10c when they are more available.

Already have a full size m&p 9 and a 9c. Both gen1.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interesting - still a hair larger than the G19 right?  How's it feel in hand, especially compared to the P10c?  

Also - you planning on apex'ing it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting - still a hair larger than the G19 right?  How's it feel in hand, especially compared to the P10c?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I no longer have a Glock but I believe it's almost identical in size to the g19. Someone online even stated that the gen 5 is actually wider then the m&p now because of the ambi slide stop (that could be BS).

The p10c and this feel really good in hand. The p10c trigger is better BUT you have to use the pad of your finger. If you don't you risk the trigger safety catching on the frame.

I see no reason to Apex any of my m&ps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Congrats.......

I'm supposed to get to rent one of these and a p10c this weekend.
I'm curious to see if one of them is enough better to make me take the financial hit of changing guns.
View Quote
What range in Texas has both for rental?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What mags is it shipping with?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What mags is it shipping with?
View Quote
Two 15 rounders and two spacers to use with 17 rounders.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice !  Mine is due in anytime now.  Any issues with fit using FS holster ?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
We just got a few into the shop.
It feels very nice.
I bought one of the first P10c's that came in and love it.
This gun is right up there though.
The only negative I have is that the M&P line as a little thicker than some of the other options and this one is not different.

I still carry my Glock 19 but after owning the p10 and handling the M&P Compacts....its getting really hard not to switch it up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I usually scoff at M&Ps, but I must admit that looks pretty sweet...

How much better is the trigger over the 1.0
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1.0s are gritty at first and the break feels heavier than the 2.0. The 2.0 is smooth right out of the gate and has a better break and reset.

Quoted:
The only OWB I had is a bladetech eclipse (I think) and kit fits fine but that holster will even work with my 45 full size. It's the honey badger of M&P holsters.

I know it fit a full size m&p phantom holster fine so it should work with almost any. The slide length is barely any different than a FS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I want one.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
If that pistol shoots as good as it looks I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1.0s are gritty at first and the break feels heavier than the 2.0. The 2.0 is smooth right out of the gate and has a better break and reset.

The only OWB I had is a bladetech eclipse (I think) and kit fits fine but that holster will even work with my 45 full size. It's the honey badger of M&P holsters.

I know it fit a full size m&p phantom holster fine so it should work with almost any. The slide length is barely any different than a FS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#17]
curious as to how it shoots.  is it as smooth as a p10c?

I imagine the texture of this new 2.0 9c is the same as the 2.0 fullsize.  If so, big fan of it.  Much better than Gen1, which is slippery as hell IMO.

Still want to fingerbang the P10c though.  Still can't find one locally or even online.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#18]
FYI S&W confirmed these are rebate eligible.  You must print and mail it though.  You have until 9/30 to buy one.  WooHoo!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What range in Texas has both for rental?
View Quote
I called and was told the (bullet trap) in plano and (shoot smart) benbrook had them.
Shoot smart also said they just have the p10c for rent....none in stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Is the grip texture as rough as the 2.0 full size? If so that'll tear some skin up. I like it while shooting but it's rough.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is the grip texture as rough as the 2.0 full size? If so that'll tear some skin up. I like it while shooting but it's rough.
View Quote
It is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought it was a great middle ground between a Gen4 and RTF texture..
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea it really is but still seems like it might be rough carrying. The gen 4 is no issue at all carrying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
This is cool. S&W is the only real competition for Glock in my opinion.  

Shield, 9c, 2.0 Compact, 2.0, 2.0 5"

G43, 26, 19, 17, 34.

Everyone comes close, but they're doing it.  I'm a pretty dedicated Glock guy, but I hope S&W doesn't fuck this up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#26]
My new L/E 2.0 in 40cal has a better trigger than the late build date 1.0 you can call it ,but still has a what seems like more take up to it . I would take the new Glock gen 5 its trigger is way better I think .
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My new L/E 2.0 in 40cal has a better trigger than the late build date 1.0 you can call it ,but still has a what seems like more take up to it . I would take the new Glock gen 5 its trigger is way better I think .
View Quote
The entire Glock debate is the same as the Chevy vs Ford debate. I would personally take any model M&P over any model Glock because my personal opinion favors the M&P. I say that having owned almost every 40 and 9mm Glock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Found this deal for 400.69 free shipping just passing it on

https://gun.deals/product/smith-wesson-mp-m20-compact-9mm-black-15rds-4in-2-mags-2-boxes-ammo-and-mag-charger-40069
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Mines bigger!

Just picked this one up on Thursday.  LOVE IT!!!   My first polymer.  Almost all my other pistols are S& 3rd gen 45's.   I'm lovin the M2.0 so far.  Hoping to get to take it for a spin this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Got one last week and put 500 rounds through it. Love it! I have been carrying a G19 or BHP for a long time now, this is the first new handgun that I plan to carry in a long time.

Trigger is really nice, it is very accurate, no bobbles whatsoever. I got the one with the safety which give me a little more safe feeling for AIWB. Love that I can chamber a round with the safety on. Only ding is that the grip is really super aggressive but 5 minutes with some fine sandpaper and it is perfect now. I can't think of anything else negative to say, so far it is just that good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Is the right side slide release as shitty as all the reviews I've seen so far?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Works fine as a slide lock. I never use them as a slide release on any pistol, I always just rack it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is the right side slide release as shitty as all the reviews I've seen so far?
View Quote
They are pretty tight at first.  Both my FS and Compact loosened up some after shooting couple hundred rounds.  I'm a lefty and can now release the slide with the stop if necessary but rarely use it, I sling shot it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I wish the 15 round mags were available, right now I can't find any in stock to buy. I have preorders in at a couple of places, hope they come in soon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wish the 15 round mags were available, right now I can't find any in stock to buy. I have preorders in at a couple of places, hope they come in soon.
View Quote
At least you can use the 17rd ones.  I am glad S&W finally did this and I hope it does well.  Maybe this will drive other makers to make copiers of this size pistol.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

At least you can use the 17rd ones.  I am glad S&W finally did this and I hope it does well.  Maybe this will drive other makers to make copiers of this size pistol.
View Quote
SIG p229
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top