Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2017 4:09:11 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone else is interested in the new MP 2.0 Compact 15rds if that's correct.
Wondering how close it will be in size to the G19.

Anybody have preconceived opinions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
At first glance it looks pretty nice.  My local gun forum is trying to work out a group buy so I guess it really depends on the price we can work out with the dealer.  At the moment, the advertised prices for pre-order look a little high.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
From the pics it looks like an M&P copy of the G19.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
According to that brownell's video it appears to be almost identical in size to the g19. It will be slightly thicker but it appears to be very close otherwise.

Ive been waiting for smith to make this for years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Will let you know when mine gets here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to that brownell's video it appears to be almost identical in size to the g19. It will be slightly thicker but it appears to be very close otherwise.

Ive been waiting for smith to make this for years.
View Quote
According to the specs the M&P is barely thinner.

Glock 19 Gen5 - 1.34" width
S&W M2.0 Compact - 1.3" width
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting; an entirely different pistol from the original M&P 9c.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
can we merge this thread with the other M&P 2.0 compact one?  Or is it cool to make one per week?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

According to the specs the M&P is barely thinner.

Glock 19 Gen5 - 1.34" width
S&W M2.0 Compact - 1.3" width
View Quote
Sweet. I carry a p320 sometimes so either one will feel slim compared to that chunky beast.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Interesting; an entirely different pistol from the original M&P 9c.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/mandP2.0-Compact-2-546x660.jpg
View Quote
Yea I found that interesting also. Not just a 2.0 makeover like the fullsize. They changed it quite a bit. 3 more rounds be interested to see how it feels and carries. Was going to pickup a G19 next year and probably still will, but my EDC is the MP9C. it is just enough smaller that it doesn't print in a T-shirt for me much. Also like having the thumb safety. I know that will get some guff, but it's the way I roll.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yea I found that interesting also. Not just a 2.0 makeover like the fullsize. They changed it quite a bit. 3 more rounds be interested to see how it feels and carries. Was going to pickup a G19 next year and probably still will, but my EDC is the MP9C. it is just enough smaller that it doesn't print in a T-shirt for me much. Also like having the thumb safety. I know that will get some guff, but it's the way I roll.
View Quote
I can understand your reasons for manual safety. I first pre-ordered the one with the thumb safety, but it just sticks out way to far. I canceled that order and pre-ordered the non thumb safety version.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Kinda want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#12]
So i have been looking for a G19 replacement for a while and have waffled between the p320, vp9, g19.5, p10c, and all the other options. I was going to choose p320C but with this coming out I will be going in that direction just due to how much I like my Shield.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I really think I may end up with one of these if they do work out to be in the $400 range. I didn't like the compact, it was too short and stumpy for it's width. The full size is meh, might as well go pro/5". I have had a few of those in generation 1 and they shot well enough.

this might be a really good option for those of us that want a medium gun. More ammo and sight radius than my shield, less weight than my 1911. I'm consolidating but this might be a good compromise while I save up for the semi custom I really want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So i have been looking for a G19 replacement for a while and have waffled between the p320, vp9, g19.5, p10c, and all the other options. I was going to choose p320C but with this coming out I will be going in that direction just due to how much I like my Shield.
View Quote
I'll let you know tomorrow how it compares to the 320c. I'm picking my m2.0c up tomorrow.

I'm sure it will carry easier than a 320c because it should be thinner and smaller in all dimensions.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Market: So.. new 2.0 S&W compact.

ARF: We want Glock

Market: Appears to be modeled after G19

ARF: We want Glcok

Market: Has a better grip texture and extended stainless frame vs. G19

ARF:  We want Glock

Market: Has low bore axis, perfect grip angle, grip inserts that work well, no finger grooves.  Has better sights vs new Glocks and they aren't plastic

ARF: We want Glcok

Market: It will be cheaper than a G19 and S&W offers a good warranty

Market:  When you fire it killer monkeys will fly out of your ass and attack any bad guy within 300M of your location while the pistol generates a one way force field allowing your bullets to exit but none to come in.  It also automatically calls police backup, your brother-in-law with an ax handle, EMS, and President Trump on the hotline to send Marines.

Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I bet it will fit the hand and shoot nicer then a g19 and the glock fan boys will still call it trash.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I bet it will fit the hand and shoot nicer then a g19 and the glock fan boys will still call it trash.
View Quote
I have been seeing the Glock fan boys trashing M&Ps because "for the price you shouldn't have to run out and buy an apex trigger". They say that shit as they are putting in an order for new sights and a new trigger before they even shoot their perfection.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd really like to get range time with it and a P-10C.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks to be just what i wanted from s&w

Problem for me they waited to long to produce it

I'm not taking the finacial hit of selling three 19's  and all the mags to swap guns.

It would have to be revolutionary to make me throw money away like that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I am not interested. My full size is only slightly bigger and I can conceal it.

I hope they do not abandon the gen 1 compact size, I was excited for a 2.0 version of that.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd really like to get range time with it and a P-10C.
View Quote
This.

Although, as I understand it, gen 1 mags and holsters work with the new M&P's so in my case it gives it a slight edge over the CZ
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know if I'm a fanboi, but I love Glocks. I own, shoot, and carry them. I still own them, but I've decided to make the switch to H&K.

I may still get a 2.0 if the price is right just because of the improvements they made to the M&P line. This one could be a real winner.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I will probably pick one of these up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#24]

I wish I suffered through the gen 1s. Instead my wife and I both have gen 3 g19s, a keltec sub2k and 30-50 mags, parts, holsters, etc.

I like the glocks, I've just shot some of the 2.0s and like them more. Oh well. It's not that much of a difference.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wish I suffered through the gen 1s. Instead my wife and I both have gen 3 g19s, a keltec sub2k and 30-50 mags, parts, holsters, etc.

I like the glocks, I've just shot some of the 2.0s and like them more. Oh well. It's not that much of a difference.
View Quote
I'm not here to judge, but having the better part of $1k in magazines for 3 guns seems pretty aggressive. And that's assuming some rockstar prices.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not here to judge, but having the better part of $1k in magazines for 3 guns seems pretty aggressive. And that's assuming some rockstar prices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not judging but that is spoken like someone who wasn't into guns during the $100 each magazine years.........
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not judging but that is spoken like someone who wasn't into guns during the $100 each magazine years.........
View Quote
Definitely true. When was that? I'm way too poor for that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't speak of the dark years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup.. i remember dropping 150 each on unlined u notched 15rd mags for my gen2 19
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yup.. i remember dropping 150 each on unlined u notched 15rd mags for my gen2 19
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

It was a horrible time and what eventually led to / caused all the panic buying that screwed up ammo prices.

I'm almost out of $10 per 100 wwb 9mm....... sad days.

ETA to keep on this thread on track a gun rental range just told me they have one of these and a p10c.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A mag here, a mag there. $15-$20 a piece.

You should see my beretta and AR mags too
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It was a horrible time and what eventually led to / caused all the panic buying that screwed up ammo prices.

ETA to keep on this thread on track a gun rental range just told me they have one of these and a p10c.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss $1 boxes of 7.62x39 and $1.50 223 wolf.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#35]
[img]https://image.ibb.co/gUGSEQ/IMG_9609.jpg[/i
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I really want this and a 340. Wish they would make a c.o.r.e 9c also.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish they would have ditched that bullshit hinged trigger in the 2.0

And just used an apex/ apex clone trigger
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wish they would have ditched that bullshit hinged trigger in the 2.0

And just used an apex/ apex clone trigger
View Quote
I think I'm the only person on earth that would rather have the hinge than a dingus. The other gripe I have with the trigger is how far back it breaks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#39]
That looks great
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think I'm the only person on earth that would rather have the hinge than a dingus. The other gripe I have with the trigger is how far back it breaks.
View Quote
I prefer the hinge trigger as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I need this gun
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I need this gun
View Quote
buy it before 9/30 to get the rebate offer
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looks to be just what i wanted from s&w

Problem for me they waited to long to produce it

I'm not taking the finacial hit of selling three 19's  and all the mags to swap guns.

It would have to be revolutionary to make me throw money away like that.
View Quote
It's not much smaller than a Gen 1.0 full size (especially with the mag sleeve) and I've got it apex'd out the wahzoo so I don't see much reason for spending $400+ on one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#44]
ill eventually get one.

and I hope mine comes with the force field to protect me as well.

I like the grips of the SW,  I do like Glocks as well,  right now cant sell anything it will be a loss.

pistol looks good
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Found a decent deal on  the compact

https://gun.deals/product/smith-wesson-mp-m20-compact-9mm-black-15rds-4in-2-mags-2-boxes-ammo-and-mag-charger-40069
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Bought 2, so far so good.  It's going to render the full size pointless IMO.

Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Bought 2, so far so good.  It's going to render the full size pointless IMO.
View Quote
I agree.  I have two 5 inch M&Ps (Pro Series Core and FDE 2.0), will be getting get one of these at some point, preferably in a RDS capable variety.  It's just a great size for a handgun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#48]
There was talk of this when the M&P first came out, but it never came to fruition. They gave us the 9c instead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine came in today, tried to go through the rebate process and it would not work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine came in today, tried to go through the rebate process and it would not work.
View Quote
Smith said they will honor the rebate on these but you have to mail it in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top