Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 5:38:53 PM EDT
What is the most accurate, FMJ loaded .45 ACP round for target practice? And for sight adjustment?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In any of my 1911's nothing compares in accuracy to reloads, each gun likes a different load but no factory round
I have ever tried is any where near as accurate as the loads I have worked up to match my guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
My 1st Gen Kimber shoots lights out with PPU 230 gr FMJ.
I need to buy more of that stuff....

This gun will cloverleaf 5 rds of 185 gr Golden Saber at 15 yards, and I can get right about 2.5 inches from the PPU 230 Gr at 25 yard off hand.

ETA - This is more due to the gun than my ability.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Sellier and Bellot 230 ball is accurate and clean. Brass is very nice for reloading. Palmetto had it on special for 13.99 box of 50 with free shipping if you bought 10 boxes
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the most accurate, FMJ loaded .45 ACP round for target practice? And for sight adjustment?
View Quote

If you can do hollow points, Atlanta Arms using Nosler 185 JHPs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless you are practicing routinely at 50 yards for accuracy, inside say 25 yards there is only hair splitting minuscule differences. For general combat level accuracy practice anything will do.
If you are truly shooting for extreme accuracy ( bullseye competition for example) then trying different brands to find the best in your particular gun is where to start.
Reloading your own in the long run optimized to your gun is the best answer
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had very good luck with these.....

http://www.sgammo.com/product/45-auto-acp-ammo/50-round-box-45-auto-230-grain-fmj-steel-case-silver-bear-ammo
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Gonna have to find out for yourself. Each pistol has unique tastes for best accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you are practicing routinely at 50 yards for accuracy, inside say 25 yards there is only hair splitting minuscule differences. For general combat level accuracy practice anything will do.
If you are truly shooting for extreme accuracy ( bullseye competition for example) then trying different brands to find the best in your particular gun is where to start.
Reloading your own in the long run optimized to your gun is the best answer
View Quote
This post says it all, and no other post can possibly add anything to it. IMHO

There's sort of a flaw in the OP question, and this post both answers the question, and exposes the flawed premise, while also still achieving the goal of the OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top