Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2017 3:42:45 PM EDT
What's your guys thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll make my same generic statement on Kahrs every time a thread comes up. I've owned seven Kahrs over the years, including a P45 I had the grip cut down to PM45 length. Only two of them had one minor malfunction each during the 200 round break-in period. I think they have great triggers and are more accurate than they should be for being so small. If GLOCK hadn't come out with the G43, I'd most likely still be carrying a CM9 or CW9.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd probably opt for a CM9 instead unless you're stuck on having a little .45 pistol.

My PM9 has been running smooth for somewhere around 1200 rounds now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#3]
A little on the big side for pocket carry, if you use thumbs forward grip you can easily keep the slide stop down so you go slide forward on a empty chamber.
Accurate I can hit poppers at 25 all day long.
Keep your pinky finger away from the underside of the magazine you will create last round stoppages.

crossbred super-tuck holster is awesome.

With use (carry) the rear sight gets bright on the outside edge away from the body.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of 9mm and a 380 for concealed carry. Just though the pm45 would be nice to add to the mix.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
not really a range gun, but easier to shoot than the 40 cal model.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Got it ordered. I am looking for a i.w.b. holster I can tuck a shirt in  with. What are you guys using?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a couple of 9mm and a 380 for concealed carry. Just though the pm45 would be nice to add to the mix.
View Quote
I never understood this mentality.  Why would you want to have several small pistols for conceal carry.  I have 3 pistols I carry G43 (small pistol)1-2% carried, G19 (medium pistol)90% carried, and G17 (full size) carried the other times.  If you are looking for options stick with 1 caliber and get different sizes of pistols in that caliber.  45 in a tiny pistol sucks they are harder to control after the first shot when trying to make fast in succession shots.  Do not believe me get a timer and try it out your split times will be longer vs 9mm.  Lower capacity in an already low capacity gun.

As far as the Kahr line up they are good pistols all around.  My biggest complaint about them is the long reset on the triggers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it ordered. I am looking for a i.w.b. holster I can tuck a shirt in  with. What are you guys using?
View Quote
I like the DeSantis Intruder. That or the Comp-Tac MTAC, but I like the kydex on the DeSantis better.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh I had issues with my PM45, fire a round and the son of bitch would lock up tight in the full open position.  After two trips to the factory I off loaded it with full disclosure at a loss and swore them off never again.  Had issues with the PM9 too, it loved to drop mags without ever being touched.  Both had nice triggers though for a long smooth pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top