Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 8:41:00 AM EDT
About two months ago I bought a Sig p320. I wanted a compact 9mm for cc and kept hearing about how great the trigger was, and i might as well admit that hearing about how they picked up the army contract made me consider it vs a glock 19. I was not too crazy about  modularity bc I really didnt see myself buying a whole bunch of new slides and frames or converting to 40cal.

I had a chance to shoot a few rounds from a buddies 320 and was impressed, cant really say that i shot any better with it, but the ergos felt good in my hands.  

What really sold me was the factory night sights for just about the same price as the g19 so I FO'ed.

Since then ive put a few hundred rounds through it and since I didnt cleaned it last time I went to the range i decided to show it some TLC and remind my little siggy poo that it didnt matter what those mean ol glock fanboys said i still loved her .

Got my cleaning kit and set up at my table, and just like one of those infomercial dumbasses accidentally knocked it off the table, no it wasnt loaded, and as far as i know it wasnt cocked either but it got me thinking...What if?

You guys know where im going with this by now, "Why not do a drop test of your own?" , so I pulled a bullet from a live round, loaded up a magazine with about 9 rounds and topped it off with a few snap caps and chambered the casing.

The test: I dropped it at about the same angle everyone else did on the videos ive seen from about the same height as my kitchen table.

Bang!  

Damn it!

It really sent a chill down my spine, I even got a bit shaken after that. I wouldnt have even thought about  trying the test, since there are plenty of videos and even memes out already confirming this, heck like a few of us here I was even thinking of leaving it as it was bc it " felt fine to me" and those other guys dropped it a few times and had older or more used guns etc etc. But  seeing it for myself, and actually dropping it by accident changed my mind on this

Now i guess the next step is to watch for sigs official announcement about this tomorrow and then wait some more untill people start reporting on the results of the "upgrade"

Take away:
Saftey is paramount, Make sure your guns are clear, clean your work area, set up and organize your stuff,  check your gun again, then get to work.
Next time I should know better than to impulse buy the latest and greatest..
I really should get it over with and get that G19, its the second time I pass over it for a sig.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Please use the tacked thread at the top of the forum for all Sig 320 discussion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top